Headliner in process (pics)

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
After buying a headliner from World Upholstery some 7 years ago, then a kit from Carl at Lojolla Independent (for more than I've ever paid for a suit), I decided to have mine made from scratch by the trim guy. The fabric he found is a better match to what we tore out of the car. Surprisingly, he has no interest in rebuilding the visors, saying it would be too tough to get exactly right (heat welding is tough to duplicate). So we are going to fix up the ones we have. There's obviously some "smoothing" work still to do after the handles and dome light are installed.

The headliners I didn't use will be available soon, or maybe I could have a suit made . . .

The fabric
E9_Headliner_Fabric.jpg

Comparison of visor before cleanup.
E9_Headliner_Visor.jpg

Sunroof part.
E9_Headliner_Sunroof.jpg

Headliner front.
E9_Headliner_A2.jpg

Headliner back.
E9_Headliner_A1.jpg

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
haedliner

Maybe to access the all to familiar failing motors? Just a guess. Manual is the way to go for all coupe motors.

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rear Zipper

Bert & Ed,
The zipper allows access to the electric motor that opens and closes the sunroof. As for the fabric, I'll check with the trim guy next time I'm out there. He might want to put together headliner kits if the price was right.
-Kingman

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
After buying a headliner from World Upholstery some 7 years ago, then a kit from Carl at Lojolla Independent (for more than I've ever paid for a suit)

:mrgreen:

DanC in Ohio got his sunroof working again and may also be interested in the 'italian suit' material if you decide to move it onward...

[email protected]

Looks like a top-notch job with definite improvements!

Good show!

Ran

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
sounds like a business opportunity

This is how I started making floor pans 6 years ago....it was a thread just like this and I had ten sets sold before I made the first batch. And shipping headliners will be a lot simpler than floor pans!

Good luck with the project.

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Floor pans

Folks,
For the record, I have 4 Mike Pelly Global Enterprises floor pans in my car. He's a recommended resource!
Regards,
Kingman

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Headliner material samples

Folks,
I spoke with the headlinerguy Friday about putting together kits. If you are interested, pleas pm me your address and I'll send you a sample of the material. I'll have pricing and turn around time info this week. He also can provide a plastic version of the cardboard panel that sits in the roof above the headliner.

This thing:

E9_Sunroof_Cardboard.jpg

I''l post some more pics today if I get a round tuit.
Thanks,
-Kingman

pamp

Reaction score
Interior Materials

When we did the interior make over of "Siena" I sourced most of the fabrics, especially the "perf" from SMS Auto Fabrics of Portland, OR [email protected] 503-263-3535
I have no complaints, service and price was good. They have a unbelievable stock of hard to find materials. Best to send a sample for the best match. I do believe the "Elrey" material would be closer to original than what I chose however.
I also used the "Mike P." floorpan with good results...thanks again Mike.
Cheers,
Al