Heater/ventilation slider binding

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
My centre heater/ventilation sliding control, is stuck. I suspect one of the cables needs attention. How much of the console or glove box or dashboard or whatever needs to come apart to get at this cable? Or is this the beginning of a while-I-am-in-there, months long saga? Thanks for suggestions. Mike

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
One route is for the side panels to come off. Should be able to leave AC in place but disconnect the AC front panel from the vent controls above. The vent controls can be released by undoing 2 small bolts on each side at which point you can swing out the controls enough to get at the cables. It will be tight but it saves from having to take other things apart.

Finally, before removing anything many of the vent cables route along the left side of the glove box and can be easily accessible without so much as opening the glovebox and maybe disconnecting it. If you are lucky it may be binding there and could be an easy fix.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
One route is for the side panels to come off. Should be able to leave AC in place but disconnect the AC front panel from the vent controls above. The vent controls can be released by undoing 2 small bolts on each side at which point you can swing out the controls enough to get at the cables. It will be tight but it saves from having to take other things apart.

Finally, before removing anything many of the vent cables route along the left side of the glove box and can be easily accessible without so much as opening the glovebox and maybe disconnecting it. If you are lucky it may be binding there and could be an easy fix.
Ooh, I like this. Much appreciated! :) Mike