Hello From Seattle-Knives Out 1972 E9 CSi

rschick

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and just purchased the 1972 BMW CSi that was in the Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated film Knives Out. Actor Chris Evans drove this BMW in the film. It has factory installed power windows, AC and Blue Velour Seats. This is my first vintage BMW. I also own a 2014 535D xDrive.

Attachments

Stevehose

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Most excellent, welcome, lots of knowledge here to help you enjoy the ride. One of these days I'll see the movie!

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome- You may have a good mechanic, if not, I know, raced and had my Dinah BMW 750iL serviced with Andrew Newell. He owns Strictly BMW, in Bellevue. He runs a high quality shop. Mention my name, Michael Shulman.

Markos

Parts Hoarder
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi @rschick,

Thanks for joining. What a funny coincidence running into you. I never see any coupes in "the wild". After explaining to my mother what "Knives Out" was, we ended up watching it last night because she thought it looked interesting. Good flick, and more "coupe time" than most films. I don't really use mechanics so I can't help in that regard, but I can point you to some Seattle folks that can steer you in the right direction.

Sven

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome. There are a few of us coupe owners up here in the north end. We do periodically do some local day trips (usually in the north end of the State). PM me and I can add you our list (if you are not already included). We can get from 7-9 coupes on these rallies. Due for one this Spring.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to the Pacific Northwest coupe owners group. It is getting increasingly difficult to find independent shops that are able to maintain and repair these now quite old cars. There are a few in the area, however and Strictly is certainly one of them. Hope to meet you and see your car in person sometime soon.