deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi
@Gazz @loloe13 ...and many others from down there

i need some advice regarding climate issues during the period: 16/07 – 29/09

that is supposed to be winter, right ?
is there a big difference between different areas of your country ? any place that is particularly unfavoaurable

thank you for your help, you can use PM to keep forum space free for more important matters ;-)

regards

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi deQ, yes, that is our Winter season . Northern Australia tends to be more "tropical" and people holiday there during this time if they want to escape the colder southern areas. "Unfavourable" is somewhat subjective ....for example, it would be unfavourable to sunbathe in the depths of winter on a Victorian Beach. ;)

In the main capital cities you can pretty much drive your coupe all year round save for the occasional rainy days .

Are you heading downunder ? . Cheers, Simon

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll use the open forum to further general knowledge...... Or ignorance.

hi Hola Jesus

that is supposed to be winter, right ? Correct
is there a big difference between different areas of your country ? any place that is particularly unfavoaurable There are extremes from the far North Capes down to Tasmania in the far South. Coastal areas are generally less extreme than inland areas. Speaking for East coast where I live - from around North of say Coffs Harbour in New South Wales up to around say Bundaburg in Queensland this my my favourite time of the year. Little to no rain, light coastal breezes, low humidity and lower UV than summer. Places are uncrowded. Once you start to head further North it gets hotter until you reach Cairns where there are regular winter time temperatures in the 30s C and it is quite humid, though not as bad as summer time tropical humidity.
So far as unfavourable, that depends on whether you dislike heat, cold, humidity, rain???? The further South you go the more changeable conditions will be with snow and rain in places. "any place that is particularly unfavoaurable" I would avoid West Australia all together, that is a wild and dangerous place full of disagreeable inhabitants.

thank you for your help, you can use PM to keep forum space free for more important matters ;-) You can PM me if you wish to discuss anything or anyplace in particular.

regards

P.S If you are thinking of visiting Australia you will need to bring an open sense of humour.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm with Gazz on this.
You can always tell a West Australian, you just can't tell them much :)
I'm in Tasmania, worth a visit if you like fine wine, food, wilderness, art or great roads for touring.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Been to Tasmania twice and loved it. Perfect place to hire a car and hotel hop. If you are a golfer you MUST play Barnbougle and Lost Farm on the far North coast.
Haven't been in winter so that time of year may be an entirely different experience.
Wombats, Echidnas and Chinese will walk right past your feet at Cradle Mountain, seemingly oblivious. The hikes are incredible. Freycinet, Gordon river, Hobart's MONA, the driving, the bi-cranial populace - all things to see.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Been to Tasmania twice and loved it. Perfect place to hire a car and hotel hop. If you are a golfer you MUST play Barnbougle and Lost Farm on the far North coast.
Haven't been in winter so that time of year may be an entirely different experience.
Wombats, Echidnas and Chinese will walk right past your feet at Cradle Mountain, seemingly oblivious. The hikes are incredible. Freycinet, Gordon river, Hobart's MONA, the driving, the bi-cranial populace - all things to see.

Drop the bi-cranial jokes and I might 'lend' you my CS next time you are down :)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
thank you all very much for your answers,
not me, but considering sending one of the kids for a sort of interchange during our summer holiday period to stay there attending part of a regular high school course
probably it will be around the sydney area, but they can send even up to perth
still making lots of questions

BTW, what about new zealand ..? any tips, or ideas ?

thanks so much

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi

that is supposed to be winter, right ?
is there a big difference between different areas of your country ? any place that is particularly unfavoaurable

thank you for your help, you can use PM to keep forum space free for more important matters ;-)

regards

Dear australian people,

a new question on the topic

which is the cheapest and of reasonable duration (max 2 weeks) for shipping a box (30x30x50 cm) and less than 6 kilo
from Adelaida to Spain ?

Australian Post seems to offer a 113 AUS rate and delivery in 7 days

we do not need 7 days, and 113 AUS seems a bit high, but we can not find alternatives

do you know of any better choice

regards and thanks

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's not only shipping that has become very expensive, the cost for insurance is rapidly getting to the point where the savings gained by buying online and second hand are becoming eroded.

There is "Pack and Send" who will usually find out the best rate to suit your circumstances. They have an online calculator which may, or may not, be of use to you. You could also email the Adelaide Pack and Send branch for a quote.

I usually use DHL as the most efficient and economical handler.

There are those to avoid, though I suspect you know who they are Jesus from your many dealings with shippers over the years.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's not only shipping that has become very expensive, the cost for insurance is rapidly getting to the point where the savings gained by buying online and second hand are becoming eroded.

There is "Pack and Send" who will usually find out the best rate to suit your circumstances. They have an online calculator which may, or may not, be of use to you. You could also email the Adelaide Pack and Send branch for a quote.

I usually use DHL as the most efficient and economical handler.

There are those to avoid, though I suspect you know who they are Jesus from your many dealings with shippers over the years.

thank you @Gazz
once seen the alternatives (checked with Pack and Send too)
i think we will use AUS post

Regards