Help with roof trim...

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
What is the procedure for putting the aluminum roof trim back in place? I've started from the front and then from the rear but they go in as much until you get to the first bend. I have a brand new set and am afraid of bending them if I push to hard. Is a tool required?
Thanks!

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was nervous about putting mine on to, but it didn't turn out to be too hard.
Start at one end ( I started at the back) hook it over the lip and twist down, then just start banging it on with your hand with a downward motion (sort of bang it on and drag the palm of your hand downwards at the same time) should go on pretty easy.
I did have a bit of trouble at the front on the A pillars where there is about 3 layers of sheet metal and aluminium trim to hook over, but got them on eventually, I also found the trims to be just a tad to long, so had to cut a fraction off (about 3mm from memory) and file up the end, this can only be done at the front as the rear has the end closed up.

Good luck!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kasbatts could have not said it better, as with every piece I've put on my coupe I've had to do it at least twice and you need to start at the rear and follow the edge with a slight gentle twist and palm banging. If your hand ends up hurting you might want to start again because it should not be that hard. The front is a little tricky because of the layers of sheet metal- just go slow and don't be afraid!

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi guys,

How is it with removing alu roof trim? Did it today and twisted it badly... although I will install new trim I wanted to renew old ones. Any special procedure? Mine were mounted extra solid.