Hey ...this guy does'nt get it !! funny though

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
The beauty of the E9 is lost on this guy !

Below are his comments and he posted this picture....

I found this old post and thought it was funny !

1. The E9 and 2002 are my all time favorite BMWs.

2. I don't have an E9 (never did, and probably never will). I came close -- until I read the trials and tribulations of an E9 owner repairing rust in his car's sunroof. And this was a California car!

3. It's been said that Karmann invented rust and then leased the process to the English and the Italians.

Attachments

• au4gyk616gb.jpg
    au4gyk616gb.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 222

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like an interesting car. Ridden hard, failing TUV just as the dollar bought 4 DM?...probably. NOT a California car. Great wheels, spoiler, Hirschmann antenna. jacked out of the dirt and no rust on the door or deck lid??? This is a site that champions plain jane E9s with swaps from junkyard E23s but I like this car the way it is; it's awesome.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This car was talked about quite a bit when it went up for sale a while back. There's probably a thread on the forum that I don't feel like finding...

peterinfla

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The registry is under maintenance, so here is a link to help anyone interested with the history of this special car. Like many, during the 2009 auction, I spent days dreaming of how to scrape up the money to buy this car and bring it to Florida. I'm glad it went where it did, otherwise it would still be in my living room. Yup, that was the plan, and it would have fit.

Peter

http://www.lezebre.eu/car/bmw 30 csl/photo gallery/photo gallery bmw 30 csl 2211366.htm

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
The registry is under maintenance, so here is a link to help anyone interested with the history of this special car. Like many, during the 2009 auction, I spent days dreaming of how to scrape up the money to buy this car and bring it to Florida. I'm glad it went where it did, otherwise it would still be in my living room. Yup, that was the plan, and it would have fit.

Peter

http://www.lezebre.eu/car/bmw 30 csl/photo gallery/photo gallery bmw 30 csl 2211366.htm
Truly amazing story !
I can see now that the door skin did not rust.....its aluminum .....its a lightweight