Site Donor
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 3.06.31 PM.png

I cant even...

https://www.classicinsider.com/single-post/BMWCSL

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Csl stripes might be a bit much in bmw colours on the golf yellow, but other wise looks great on the outside...

Then when you open the door and take a peek inside :eek:

W...T.. F...

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Take a look at the video at the end of the advert—— it is great.
French doctor with a Batmobile
CB

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
With a few (carefully restored) used parts it wouldn't be that difficult to get it oem again. Seats, heater control panel, some other bits.

The dash with additional gauges is more tricky to replace, but perhaps more acceptable to many to leave it as is. (Would require the windscreen to be pulled to redo the wood)

Last edited:

Boobouna

Reaction score
British colonies used MPH back in the 70’s. I think Australia changed to KPH from the mid 70’s. Not sure when or if Hong Kong changed to KPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would leave "as is" with the Hong Kong styling. That makes it pretty unique and cool to me being a Hong Kong car. I just got back from there not too long ago. The money floating around Hong Kong is insane to describe.....it's really like to other place on earth. Like Manhattan meets Hawaii X's 10! I don't mind the interior as much as I don't like the engine bay NOT being Golf. Not a big fan of the stripes in BMW Red/Blue with Golf, just my personal opinion. One owner Hong Kong CSL, right hand drive, pretty cool. I know one thing, the owner has some money that had this car all those years in Hong Kong. Someone will be a happy new caretaker, overall it looks great but it's also an island much like Hawaii..Beware what lurks beneath. The jungle portion of Hong Kong was my biggest surprise..the salt air, humidity...not good combo but it looks like it is in amazingly good shape for being on the island all those years...Hard to knock a Golf CSL period! Hopefully someone here picks it up. Love to see it in person. Keep the carved center console, that rules!

Gerrit

Reaction score
The seats are two right side leather Recaros C 81 of the early 80´s (the electric switch board is always to the center tunnel, also notice the knob for the backrest tilt function), I would say the most complex, expensive and heaviest seat ever made by Recaro, unfortunately here somewhat out of context in a CSL "lightweight". I have a matching pair of those in stock if anyone interested for an M6, AMG or the likes...The steering wheel looks like from a concept car, does anybody know?