Holy Cow! 507

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

One of the few cars ever made that are beautiful from every angle (IMO).

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.52.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.53.30 PM.png

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's nice. Non original motor and wheels by the sound of it.
Sweepstake on final price?
Wouldn't be surprised to see it top $1m given condition and colour.
For reference, Sotherby's sold one for $2.175m at the start of the year (not including add ons).

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm going to guess north of $1,750,000US

Reckon you are right. I'm being conservative as the Sotherby's one was in a pre-Covid economy and had the original motor. That said this one may be a BMW issued replacement as it sounds similar to what happened with some CSL's.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Behold the Grail!

Hagerty Valuation:
#1 $2.4mil Concours
#2 $2.1mil Excellent
#3 $1.85mil Good
#4 $1.750 Fair

I bet the reserve is $2mil

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score

One of the few cars ever made that are beautiful from every angle (IMO).

View attachment 106563

View attachment 106564
[/QUOT
I agree with Dick's comment about an angle; AND...would argue, the best looking roadster with and without the removable hard top. Said top is incredibly well scaled, and integrated in the total concept. 289 Cobras, and e-Jags were cool, but this is my favorite with top. I probably would have made the fender vent more narrow, but I actually love the exaggeration of the vent...the only butchy scaled detail, on an otherwise pretty feminine form. My .02's worth.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm trying to think if there's every been a more valuable car on BaT....

Just cked - it was the Bat owned Gullwing at 1.2. Another bid up to 1.4 w RNM. The LP400 Miura recently sold at 990k.

This 507 will definitely be the new benchmark if it sells...

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I dont have a desire for, or the left hip for anything else that I have seen there..(these days...)
As I have slowed down a bit, my taste has matured to match. I'd even love a Sbarro knock-off...

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can't make $2MM without the correct steering wheel :p Seriously, with the color and ultra rare hardtop I'm with Andrew,, that this will be RNM - unless there are two bidders that HAVE to have it. I'd like to know who did the restoration, these are specialized, hand-built cars and in my opinion, only a handful of establishments in the world have the thorough knowledge for these. And you think we have a hard time finding parts for our E9s? I'm not a nit picker but I don't think the Roundel on the glovebox belongs there. Things like that make more questions pop up in my head - not that I'm bidding mind you! Why I usually comment here and not on Bat, don't want to influence a sale unless something egregious needs to be called out, or I know the car or seller and putting in a good word. IIRC the $507K bid is by a member here.....GOOD LUCK and hope you bag this super rare roadster!

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can't make $2MM without the correct steering wheel :p Seriously, with the color and ultra rare hardtop I'm with Andrew,, that this will be RNM - unless there are two bidders that HAVE to have it. I'd like to know who did the restoration, these are specialized, hand-built cars and in my opinion, only a handful of establishments in the world have the thorough knowledge for these. And you think we have a hard time finding parts for our E9s? I'm not a nit picker but I don't think the Roundel on the glovebox belongs there. Things like that make more questions pop up in my head - not that I'm bidding mind you! Why I usually comment here and not on Bat, don't want to influence a sale unless something egregious needs to be called out. IIRC the $507K bid is by a member here.....GOOD LUCK and hope you bag this super rare roadster!
Restoration

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BaT had a 2015 LaFerrari that went to $3.125MM but RNM. Don't see this 507 getting there, but with BaT who knows???

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Should be a 30d auction to give time for bidders to travel and see the car in person.

I can't imagine someone buying 7-figure cars w/o seeing it in person. Then again, Sheiks in the middle-east would just hire a local expert to PPI.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Should be a 30d auction to give time for bidders to travel and see the car in person.

I can't imagine someone buying 7-figure cars w/o seeing it in person. Then again, Sheiks in the middle-east would just hire a local expert to PPI.

My guess is the car will not meet reserve and sell on BaT, but both BaT and the seller will win on this one. BaT will get tons of new eyes on their site because of this car, and the seller will get lots of exposure of the car, some free advertising for their business overall, and the opportunity to sell the car after the auction.