How's that then???

mr bump

Reaction score
I've just ordered a RHS floor pan repair panel from wallothnesch and deliverd to my door Inc taxes is £118.00

Jaymic wants £144.00 for the same panel again deliverd.

Ones coming from Germany and one from 110 miles down the road..........
Can anyone from jaymic tell me why this is? , why your so expensive?

Rek

Reaction score
Jaymic are a UK supplier who have helped quite a few of us here in the UK. Just cos' you found a price difference doesn't justify calling them greedy.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We order parts from Jaymic and the service is great and staff know their stuff

I can buy cheaper parts from W&N , ie £10/£20 cheaper than Jaymic, but I prefer next day delivery and any issues , Jaymic resolve the problem ASAP or I send the part back and they send me out a new one or money back !!

mr bump

Reaction score
Jaymic are a UK supplier who have helped quite a few of us here in the UK. Just cos' you found a price difference doesn't justify calling them greedy.
£35 more is a bit steep regardless of being a UK supplier is not justification?. I've known jaymic for many years, and yes, they have been and are greedy, nothing changes.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's not fair to Jaymic. They are an always have been helpful and reliable.

They might not be able to compete with W&N based on the volume of their sales. That doesn't make them greedy ...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Last I heard, in business you can be as greedy as you want but you still have to sell your product to stay in business. Looks to me like they've found that they can charge a little more and still keep a customer base. Does Jaymic and W&N make their own sheet metal parts or do they get them from the same supplier? Logistics and the number of times a part is handled also play a big part in pricing...

Rek

Reaction score
£35 more is a bit steep regardless of being a UK supplier is not justification?. I've known jaymic for many years, and yes, they have been and are greedy, nothing changes.

The difference between £118 and £144 is £26 not £35. That means they're 26% less greedy than you first thought. What business are you in Mr Bump? I figure from the above that you're not an accountant or actuary but it would be interesting to see where your ideas of greed come from.

mr bump

Reaction score
Hi rak, yes a typo LED you to jump on the numerical insult line, very clever and well done.
Errrr....yes, it greedy in my eyes, but with the sounds of you rek, I'm not allowed an opinion on what is or not greed and you ask me to justify my opinion? Obviously your struggling to grasp it so......
Here it is. Traders in the same game, one charges more, knowing that when the cheaper supplier runs out, people will pay their inflated prices, in my eyes is greed.
Better? Or........?

mr bump

Reaction score
And if you are the same person I think you are, we met at gaydon bmw meet o e august some circa 5 yrs ago and we had a long conversation with John castle from the cs register about over inflated parts prices and you were very vocal about the "rip off"greedy traders.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've just ordered a RHS floor pan repair panel from wallothnesch and deliverd to my door Inc taxes is £118.00

Jaymic wants £144.00 for the same panel again deliverd.

Ones coming from Germany and one from 110 miles down the road..........
Can anyone from jaymic tell me why this is? , why your so expensive?

Maybe because they aren’t the same manufacturer, material, or design. You might be comparing apples to oranges. One company may be selling at a loss for cash flow and the other is sitting on a big bank balance. One company could have ordered 10 and other company ordered 100. One company may have ordered theirs on special...... we can go on endlessly with conjecture. Is it possible Jaymic bought theirs in Germany and paid for shipping, customs, currency conversion?
Vote with your feet if you want.

Wladek

Reaction score
It's free market for both sides (seller & buyer). In their business, they set prices - maybe for less it would not be profitable to run a business?!
One company is in Germany & another is in UK.
It's pretty obvious, when you buy something for example directly from Asia, you know it will be noticeably cheaper, than same thing purchased locally.
So, mr bump - are you by no means a communist?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
The W&N floor panels aren't exactly the best ones out there, it might be that Jaymic has some other type of floor panel for sale.
By this way of thinking, all companys are greedy since some specific part they are selling will always be more expensive than what you can find elsewhere, and vice versa.
I don't think it's SUCH a lucrative buissness selling vintage bmw parts that you can call them greedy just because their replacement floor pan is a little bit more expensive than what the (biggest?) vintage BMW parts company in the world can offer them for?

I just don't see it.
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 0.10.35.png

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it's good to have at least two suppliers interested in doing the hard work in sourcing/manufacturing parts and are grateful for their efforts, imagine how hard it would be to restore our cars if they didn't exist. If there was only one supplier and they had a monopoly prices could be much higher. I have bought from both companies and been happy to do so, healthy competition helps to keep prices down.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Actually I like Mike Pelly’s front pans the best- regardless of price.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nobody buys Polish ones- they’re too busy.

Thank you Yogi........

Rek

Reaction score
Hi rak, yes a typo LED you to jump on the numerical insult line, very clever and well done.
Errrr....yes, it greedy in my eyes, but with the sounds of you rek, I'm not allowed an opinion on what is or not greed and you ask me to justify my opinion? Obviously your struggling to grasp it so......
Here it is. Traders in the same game, one charges more, knowing that when the cheaper supplier runs out, people will pay their inflated prices, in my eyes is greed.
Better? Or........?

1. I apologise if I made you look stupid by pointing out your simple error. That's maths for you!
  2. Of course you're entitled to your opinion. By publishing it, you should expect a challenge from others with a contrary one. That's politics for you!
  3. You are confusing greed with supply and demand and the profit motive. That's economics for you!
Happy to explain difficult concepts to any other members.

How to use an Opinion.png