Hugh Hefner's 1973 CS

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The interior may be black but that’s embossed vinyl, not leather and it looks blue which would be common for Polaris. It also has early style headrests, early bumper guards, missing wiper speed switch, missing black instrument bezels and no engine photos. Even I could make a service book with Hef’s name in it!

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, it needs lots of work.

Craigslist Ad, 8/27/14, once owned by Hugh Hefner, hasn't run lately, asking $17K with CSi e24 for motor swap.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The interior may be black but that’s embossed vinyl, not leather and it looks blue which would be common for Polaris. It also has early style headrests, early bumper guards, missing wiper speed switch, missing black instrument bezels and no engine photos. Even I could make a service book with Hef’s name in it!

Q: I noticed '73 CSi's have the early bumper guards. Maybe those 73-specific guards are NA/USA-specific?

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car was in some Car Museum near St. Louis MO and the asking was around 55k when I reached out to ask about the price

Mike Goble

Reaction score

grbbenny

Reaction score
I feel like I'm living a Seinfeld episode - note that the page from the service book spells the owner's name as Hugh Heffner. Maybe he's friends with John Voight!

jmackro

Reaction score
I feel like I'm living a Seinfeld episode - note that the page from the service book spells the owner's name as Hugh Heffner.

Chicks dig guys who can't spell their own names.

1973-bmw-30-cs-hugh-hefner-02.jpg