I fell in love all over again...

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
St Judith went to the spray painter on monday am! she's basically been in the garage for two and a bit years, she arrived with scars after the transporter shoved a wooden case in next to her and dug deep scars.
First drive out and I blew the headgasket, then the disillusionment of the amount of rust hidden behind plastic and glass
The slow rebuild, the decision to accept that she will never make a sound if she passes through a metal detector and to drive her and enjoy her regardless.
Monday I drove her out, and she was lumpy, the brand new tyres, bought 2.5 years ago have dine less than a 100 kms and been standing on cold concrete,moved around the yard but not realy, the brand new battery has died and now been replaced, I was scared!
The Auto box once more stuck in 2nd, she was uncomfortable, and then, after about 5 minutes she warmed up, the tyres warmed up and she started feeling "right" Brakes were working fine, road was clear and I put foot down, slacked off put foot slacked down and suddenly smooth changeover, the old girl picked up her skirts and felt good!
60 mph, 70 and then she felt great.
Went past a traffic cop, waved, turned into panel beaters with a smug smile.
Noticed the insurance disk and licence disk are till sitting in my desk drawer at home.
She had three more coats of Calypso red and a clear coat and came out the oven this am.
I am in LOVE!!!!!
she looks great!! not concours great, Not purist great, but old guy who hopes the spray job will last longer than he does great!

I dont care if someone pulls at their nose and says it's a bit lumpy.
This is my orphan! and I love it.

Malc

Reaction score
Glad to hear you gave her a good blast :wink:
Like girl friends, and wives I am sure she will continue to demand money and attention :p

Malc

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Thanks malc, for obvious reasons I accept and agree with you.
The Colour came out perectly this time, the South African one had a purply tinge to it this one after 8 coats of Pearl is deep Deep calypso.
Now the interior empty's the pocket money piggy bank!!!
Aaah well, a lap dancing club would provbably cost just as much with the divorce settlement