I found a 5speed OD for my Bav....

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
5B24B439-C64E-4E5F-9359-4BA4B9330A43.jpeg

But it’s still in this e12 that has been sitting for 25 years!
Have to find someone willing to winch it onto a flatbed and deliver it to my house 30 miles away.
Car is not worth saving. It has some rust. All I want is the trans, the rest will go I don’t have time to part it out. If anyone local wants the car minus the trans let me know.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, I realized last night that the dif is worth checking to see if it’s LSD. My e9 has Ljet injections so I will take the intake and injection parts.

I could not depress the clutch, feels like the master cyl is seized. 2 wheels are still flat so I don’t even know if the car will roll. Calling tow companies tomorrow to get quotes.

VIN 6782938

Last edited:

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
youre too far away for me to come for parts, but the suspension and brakes are worth pulling too

if you have a tow hitch, the cheapest would be to rent a trailer. if not, I sure you can find a guy on craigslist that owns a flatbed tow. (in the services section) Ive done that a few times, find an owner operator and give them a 24 hour window to work it out, and they will usually give to a great deal.

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
youre too far away for me to come for parts, but the suspension and brakes are worth pulling too

if you have a tow hitch, the cheapest would be to rent a trailer. if not, I sure you can find a guy on craigslist that owns a flatbed tow. (in the services section) Ive done that a few times, find an owner operator and give them a 24 hour window to work it out, and they will usually give to a great deal.

I’ll pull easy stuff like the seats, factory blaupunkt radio, door cards, dashboard (maybe), toolkit, wheels etc. I don’t want it for long. I already have an e3 parts car so I barely have room.

Found a local guy who’ll tow it for $225, that’s seems fair to me.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rear ashtrays, window switches. AC Switches. Wiper Relay, dome light switches. Aluminum door trim
strips.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interior Door handles
turn signal relay
fan shroud
red fan
throttle body
fuel rail
Intake manifold

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Found a local guy who’ll tow it for $225, that’s seems fair to me.
if you want to save money, a lot of the craigslist owner operators will charge $50-100 for a 30 mile tow. I'd call a couple, tell them you got a $150 quote and see if they can do better.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Only 30 miles away?

Find a buddy w/a truck and rent a trailer from U-haul. Unless the car can't start to drive on the trailer.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unless the car can't start to drive on the trailer.
you dont need it to start. Line up and chock the tires on the trailer, unhook the truck and tie the car to it and pull it up onto the trailer. done this bunches.

also, if its a manual put it in second and hook up a battery to the old car--- bump the starter to drive it onto the trailer. :)

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Alas the Seller has flaked out on me. I agreed to give full asking price. First he gave me an excuse on why I couldn’t pick it up when I wanted, said he had a lot going on and would call me. I spoke to him several times he kept putting me off.
Radio silence for over 2 weeks. Listing expired. I suspect he took a higher offer. Car sat in his garage for 25 years so maybe he’s just a colossal procrastinator.

Just wish he’d level with me.

I was counting on the 5 speed for my Bav. The 4 speed that’s in there is quite noisy.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
you've probably dodged a bullet.
I find that when i push to deal with folks like that, I end up regretting it.