100_0666.jpg

IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j33/nealf2002/100_0669.jpg[/IMG]

100_0692.jpg

100_0670.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0672.jpg

chicane

Reaction score
Oh this is hilarious! Great find. If I am not mistaken this guy sold this car at least twice on eBay, one can only assume that the "buyers" backed out. Classic stuff.

Malc

Reaction score
Interesting :)
Actually I can quite understand the bodywork I have seen that done elsewhere were cars are very expensive labour is cheap, relatively speaking. Egypt is a typical example.
Doesn't actually look that bad, could almost be considered a BMW styling exercise.
Funny he mentions that it came from Kuwait, to small and too rich to bother doing something like this. That means it is more likely to of originated in Iraq, Iran, Saudi or Lebenon - not that that's a problem

BTW cars do rot in Kuwait nice hot climate, right next to the nice and salty Gulf of Arabia!

Malc

chicane

Reaction score
Interesting :)
Actually I can quite understand the bodywork I have seen that done elsewhere were cars are very expensive labour is cheap, relatively speaking. Egypt is a typical example.
Doesn't actually look that bad, could almost be considered a BMW styling exercise.
Funny he mentions that it came from Kuwait, to small and too rich to bother doing something like this. That means it is more likely to of originated in Iraq, Iran, Saudi or Lebenon - not that that's a problem

BTW cars do rot in Kuwait nice hot climate, right next to the nice and salty Gulf of Arabia!

Malc

Not to mention the car has been living in Pennsylvania for years (neither dry nor warm). And if I am not mistaken there is an area on the driver's side rear quarter where the filler is separating from the panel and there is a nice big rust spot. I have no idea who is going to pay $5K for that car. That is a parts car if I ever saw one.

Malc

Reaction score
Chicane,
IMHO if it made economic sense there would be very few restored cars on the road today.
For me it's a hobby, a challenge, and a way of relaxing (believe it or not) after the drudgery of work :roll:
If I had the time and money I would personally like to take a coupe shell and do a whole load of modern things to it, but still keep the styling - just my thing....

While the car shown it's not exactly my cup of tea, if "Andi" had fun doing it and is proud of his or her achievement then wonderful

Malc

chicane

Reaction score
Chicane,
IMHO if it made economic sense there would be very few restored cars on the road today.
For me it's a hobby, a challenge, and a way of relaxing (believe it or not) after the drudgery of work :roll:
If I had the time and money I would personally like to take a coupe shell and do a whole load of modern things to it, but still keep the styling - just my thing....

While the car shown it's not exactly my cup of tea, if "Andi" had fun doing it and is proud of his or her achievement then wonderful

Malc

Whoa, restoration is one thing. Something that actually adds value to the car (especially if done right). Taking an old coupe and modernizing the mechanicals (ala Paul Cain), if done tastefully, is acceptable. I personally would not do this but I can respect the work.

What was done to that car was something else and IMHO served no purpose.

It didn't make the car faster, it certainly didn't make the car look better, and it most certainly did not add value to the car. And, to me, was a complete waste of time and money. Like I said if you want an e30 M3 just buy an e30 M3.

chicane

Reaction score
Chicane,
True enough, I know where you coming from
Cheers
Malc

And I'm not trying to be rude, I just can't figure out what the ultimate goal here was. If you want to add a killer body kit on an E9 why not add a Group 3 or 4 body kit on the car and do it up right!!!

shanon

Reaction score
Maybe we should archive these interesting 'one-offs' in the gallery somehow; new catagory: "Science Experiments".

They may not be for everyone but some may find them useful. Maybe that E30 project was an exercise in duplicating the look of the early E9 Alpina/Schnitzer racers from 70-72.....I see a resemblance.

I have to salute their ingenuity. :wink:

-shanon

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Not my taste but--a ton of work

An old country saying goes--

"not my taste either the old lady said as she kissed her cow"

Malc

Reaction score
Orangener,
Like the colour of your car looks really tidy, any more to look at?
Love the wheels on your car :)
Are the Wolfrace ones or some other make?
Cheers
MAlc