I like this 73 on Ebay

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems like a decent car from pics and description. I wonder why the VIN is not listed. I am interested to know as this one is similar to how my car probably rolled off the line. It might be a neighbor. :D

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Floors look really good from the underside, but needs more pics of other areas (behind the glovebox/fuse box area, rockers, etc.).

I'm thinking reserve is $35k.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i clicked on the link and saw a polaris '71 from BHCC ... then i saw the rust ... and thought, WTF ... then i saw the note that the original listing was no longer available

bnoxious

Reaction score
Really don't like to assume, but this car was re-listed less than 48 hours after it was sold. The seller makes no mention of deposit required within "X" hours/days in the listing, only "Full payment is required within 7 days of auction close".

Usually as the seller with a non-pay eBay buyer, you wait it out for a minimum of 48 hours plus 4 days.

Maybe the buyer got spooked at the actual condition.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Really don't like to assume, but this car was re-listed less than 48 hours after it was sold. The seller makes no mention of deposit required within "X" hours/days in the listing, only "Full payment is required within 7 days of auction close".

Usually as the seller with a non-pay eBay buyer, you wait it out for a minimum of 48 hours plus 4 days.

Maybe the buyer got spooked at the actual condition.

Huh? It sold?

Last I looked, it didn't hit the reserve.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Huh? It sold?

Last I looked, it didn't hit the reserve.
Rob, I think you are correct. Reserve not met at $22,101.
listing.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very strange. Also hard to track with the bidder's privacy set by the seller.

View attachment 48638
Agree - very strange indeed. I "think" ebay's interface changes when on a mobile device. I've had my phone tell me someone's "winning" bid but my computer tells me the same item didn't meet reserve. I assume the mobile device interface is flawed, and should read "highest" bid, or some other variant. All just speculation on my part... :D