IDing CSL springs

schnell540

Reaction score
Is there a way to identify if CSL springs are in my car? If I undestand correctly, CSL springs are progressive rate. Are they tappered to achieve this? Can they be measured to identify them as CSL springs? Any other way?

shanon

Reaction score
Not sure exactly, but I have seen progressive springs where the wind of the spring maybe tighter or closer together as it 'progresses'. Check and see if the distance between the coils changes if there is no visible taper.

-HTH
shanon

richn123

Reaction score
CSl springs

I have CSl springs on my CSi. I can take a picture this weekend and send you if you want.

Rich Nedinsky
San Jose, CA

schnell540

Reaction score
Re: CSl springs

richn123 said:
I have CSl springs on my CSi. I can take a picture this weekend and send you if you want.

Rich Nedinsky
San Jose, CA

Thanks, can't hurt, but I suspect the difference is too subtle to be discernable in a picture.

schnell540 at yahoo . com

Shannon - Thanks, I always think of Alpina progress rates for 2002s and think about tappered one, forgot about distance of the coil. Thanks again...

matthewp

Reaction score
hi two types shown: installed are progresive pitch,and next to it are progresive rate they are the type that the csl used. hope that helps.

2d510ad8577bd6951d258feab1f648d8.jpg

richn123

Reaction score
CSl springs

Since you now have a picture, I guess it takes me off the hook to jack up my car.

Rich Nedinsky