Ignition Switch Wires?

scanty

Reaction score
So, I've had the opportunity to putz around with the wires while the ignition switch is out. Before now I had believed that the Green wire was the Starter Wire, while Red was Power, Black ground, and Violet Accessory. However, by mere accident I discovered that Black appears to be the starter, as the engine cranks over when engaged, and the green one merely gives my engine warning lights on the dash, and violet is accessory. Thus, if the green wire is activating things on the dash, what is this wire? The interesting thing is that it appears that it (the green wires) coincides with the last (Cranking) position on the switch. Does that make sense? Shouldn't black be in the furthest key turn position?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Red wire should go to fuse 5, Black to starter, Green to fuse 8, Violet to fuse 7. Do you have a wiring diagram?

scanty

Reaction score
Thanks for the help/ clarification!

I just recently got a hold of a wiring diagram. What you said looks right. What I don't see is a White wire on the diagram. From what I gather this controls the Fog Lights? For the record my car does have fog lights.