Info about wheels

decampos

Reaction score
I've been looking for a set of original wheels for my '75 csi. Have an old photograph as a guide so was looking for the usual FPS alpina-looking 14 rims when I came across (and bought) a set of 14s made by 'BHS'. I've put one side-by-side to an alpina wheel and it looks identical to me. They're stamped '82' so they're not period and they need a refurb but I'm happy with them. Anyone heard of BHS and know anything about them?

old.jpg

wheels.jpg

close_up.jpg

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a deeper dish than the standard BMW 7X14" Alpina or FPS offerings. I actually like the bigger lip look. Never seen any BHS brand rims before. Could it be another oem manufacture of the classic 20 spoke rims in addition to FPS. It's common knowledge that Ronal made the 16" Alpinas, but did they also provided the original factory 14" CSL Alpinas?

decampos

Reaction score
Looks like a deeper dish than the standard BMW 7X14" Alpina or FPS offerings. I actually like the bigger lip look. Never seen any BHS brand rims before. Could it be another oem manufacture of the classic 20 spoke rims in addition to FPS. It's common knowledge that Ronal made the 16" Alpinas, but did they also provided the original factory 14" CSL Alpinas?

Thanks for your reply. They're refurbished now and I've put some new sneakers on them. They've really improved the look of the car in my view; suitably high profile and perfectly period looking. So in summary, they're made by 'BHS' but have the date stamp exactly in the FPS/Alpina style.

tyres1.jpg

Side by side with the (incorrect) turbine wheels I've just removed, one can see the difference in depth of dish:

tyres3.jpg

tyres4.jpg

decampos

Reaction score
I completely agree. They really look the part though I'm sure modern tread patterns make for better and safer tires but safety's for losers. I bought them a good while ago before the prices went ludicrous. Was just waiting for the right set of rims to come along.

2275xxx

Reaction score
BHS 7x14 Alpina-like wheels

These BHS wheels were distributed in Germany by a company named CONOS Handelsgesellschaft.
But they were manufactured in Italy, initially by R&G with the reference RGB7 (KBA40253), and eventually by OZ wheels with the reference 09A (KBA40541).

Their offset is ET10, whereas the offset of the Alpinas is ET11.

Decampos, in case you need a copy of the German ABE certificate, I have one.
I do not know if this is necessary in the UK ?

Marc

Last edited:

decampos

Reaction score
Hi Marc. I've only just seen your reply. Thanks for the interesting info, nice of you to take the time. What's an ABE certificate?
Ben

These BHS wheels were distributed in Germany by a company named CONOS Handelsgesellschaft.
But they were manufactured in Italy, initially by R&G with the reference RGB7 (KBA40253), and eventually by OZ wheels with the reference 09A (KBA40541). Their offset is ET10, whereas the offset of the Alpinas is ET11.

Decampos, in case you need a copy of the German ABE certificate, I have one. I do not know if this is necessary in the UK ?

Marc