Injector options for D-Jet

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
I have been doing a bit of research on alternatives for the Bosch OEM 280 150 036 injector. It seems that Beck Arnley 158 0438 and Standard Motor Parts FJ 118 are aftermarket replacements for said Bosch injector ( same flow rates etc ) . Some sellers indicate compatible with 3.0 csi and some not .. Just wondering if anyone has any experience/feedback on these injectors or other recommendations ( apart from the obvious of OEM at US $ 1,200 for a set of 6 ). Thanks, Simon

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Simon,
@Simufly (UK) has an original set for sale. Might be worth a shot to check availability and price with him or even take your current set to Bosch or even a local shop specializing in refurbishing the original ones.

Keshav

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Thanks Keshav, I contacted him a while ago but he had sold them . I only have two dodgy OEM's left ...the rest were "cactus" . My "mechanic" who installed the unbranded aftermarket injectors when the engine was rebuilt has gone AWOL....flow test I had done revealed that flow rate was about 30% higher than OEM and would explain why I had appalling fuel consumption.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think Bosch 003 is the original d jet injector in BMWs. Mine are 003s and were rebuilt last year. And I think 043 is a direct swap out with 003s
I used Mr Injector for the rebuild, not the most reassuring of trading names, but he was the only person I spoke to who knew anything about older EFI systems

Per this data, 015s would look to be a direct swap also

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think Bosch 003 is the original d jet injector in BMWs. Mine are 003s and were rebuilt last year. And I think 043 is a direct swap out with 003s
I used Mr Injector for the rebuild, not the most reassuring of trading names, but he was the only person I spoke to who knew anything about older EFI systems

Per this data, 015s would look to be a direct swap also
Cheers for the link and info drew !!!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Here in the states- 85.00 each with clamps, both o-rings... Contact seller for 6 cylinder set.

Thanks Don, yes, those are the Beck Arnley type I mentioned at the start. As some of the flow chart tables show, the Bosch spec is 379.9cc , however, some of the tests done "in the field " reflected a much higher flow . For example, a Volvo Forum using the Bosch 036 showed a flow rate of 500 cc + ( I think the Beck Arnley was about 550cc ) . But for the higher fuel consumption, probably not a big deal , however, my problem is this.....I think the higher flow of my aftermarket injectors originally installed may have been responsible for burnt exhaust valve on a < 4,000 km engine ....overfuelling ?. When the cylinder head was removed , there was quite a build up of black sooty carbon . Therefore, I am reticent about replacing one injector problem for another . Incidentally, I have since discovered that said injector was deemed compatible to E9 D-Jjet

I guess my preferred option is to source 6 cores and get Mr White at FIC to build me a set ....I suspect he "balances" the flow across the 6 injectors but do you know if he can dictate the flow rate in the rebuild?...and if so, what he specifies . ? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Also, do all the cores need to be the same Bosch number ?... or given the housings are the same on the Bosch compatible numbers , is it simply a matter of replacing/rebuilding the "guts". ?( in which case different Bosch part numbers don't matter) .

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He can always just make you a set of yellow tops drilled to the flow you want - why not start a conversation with him? I can arrange a time where he can be ready to answer your call.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Or- since you have a csi, why not buy the csi specific engine/injection parts sets that my clients have for sale after converting to megasquirt?
I have a complete set available now- harness, computer, injectors, throttle body, MPS etc etc.
All Csi parts in a box shipped to you. You will be in spare heaven. And have injectors

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Thanks Don, so how much is this $100 Garage Lot of discarded parts ? :). Seriously though, just want to get injectors sorted ( a few csi guys here have spares such as mps , ecu etc.....but some can't help themselves so will ask if interested)..Once I secure some cores I will be in touch . I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, so whatever FIC produce for you should be good enough for me .

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Let’s arrange a set of custom injectors- Robert can match the exact flow you want with the yellow tops.
80.00 each I think.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cores are here:

31792E50-0C35-43D1-B1C0-89B4EB359CE1.jpeg