installing windshield trim

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
looks like I finally have all the pieces I need to install my windshield trim. The previous owner installed a new windshield and rubber. Any how-to's or tips out there? Photos are helpful. thanks

20228694_10211110214804058_3555537911784884005_n.jpg

Last edited:

73tiiguy

Reaction score
Remove the glass and rubber seal first. I have tried to put the trim back on with glass installed, and it's not worth the effort. Also the trim bends easily and you will deform it trying to squeeze and force it into the rubber seal.

Remove the windshield by prying and pushing (with your fingers) on the rubber seal from the inside the cabin along the top edge. Once you have enough of the seal unseated from the body flange it will easily lift out.

Install all of the aluminum trim into the seal
Use masking tape to hold the trim into place
Then install the whole thing back into the body opening.
Use something like 1/8" parachute cord.
You can adjust the glass by bitch smacking it with an open hand (once your hand makes contact, push or pull in the direction your glass needs to move.)

Last edited:

Bwana

Reaction score
73tii, so you're recommending installing the whole thing at once? Normally the trim is installed last with those little plastic spoon things but not for an e3 eh?

73tiiguy

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't looked at this forum for a while.. yes the glass and all the trim should be installed as a whole. Louis A's post with link pretty much says exactly the same thing.