interesting streaming shows to watch during COVID 19 stays at home

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With no sports on TV other than rebroadcast (auto racing, tennis, march madness, etc.), i am looking to hear good recommendations for shows to watch on amazon prime, netflix, etc. whether movies, documentaries or other shows (single season or multiple seasons). we have historically seen most every good movie each year so chances are we have seen it.

so my first recommendation to others is a show on Amazon Prime - The Night Manager (1 season / 6 episodes). its a John Le Carre suspense story about an arms dealer and the attempt to bring him to justice. really well done

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Narcos + Narcos Mexico
True Detective
Chernobyl
Mindhunter
The Crown

Older series but still golden:
The Wire
Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Mad Men

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have seen the crown, wire, sopranos, twin peaks + mad men ... and i think mindhunter (will have to check that). will look into the others as well.

for those that haven't seen Broadchurch, Luther, Body Guard, Suits or Bosch ... worth looking into. If you are into food and haven't seen Chef's Table, its a good watch. if you are into wine, check out Somm and Sour Grapes (Netflix).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve already reached the end of Netflix. You get a message recommending Amazon Prime, along with some exercise.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you are missing Formula 1, I just watched "A Life of Speed" on Netflix. The story of Fangio and all of his amazing records, with a variety of cars and teams. Lots of interviews with the great Master himself, as well as many other Formula 1 stars. Highly recommend. Mike
I'm just finishing up F1 - Drive to Survive. Couple years old I think but I just got access to Netflix last week. Very cool to see more about the teams running the middle and back of the field.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
love both of those programs. Drive to Survive really gives great insight into the teams other than MB / Ferrari / RB ... and what they go thru

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve already reached the end of Netflix. You get a message recommending Amazon Prime, along with some exercise.
I now realize how funny this is. While self-isolating, many turn to Netflix, of course. But to reach the end, never thought of that. In our house, we have tried to watch an Arnold Schwarzenegger film every evening, because we absolutely love his Youtube "Stay at Home " video. There are many to choose from. But to exhaust all of the content available on Netflix, well, that's doing some aggressive streaming! Enjoy Arnie :

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
everything will be ok.jpg

a little beauty from Atlanta

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’ve got to give a shout out to my favorite YouTube channel: Cold War Motors. If you haven’t seen it. Great dead pan Canadian humor and very talented metal work guys.
In this series they “splice” the top of half of a rusty 1960 Fury coupe on the the bottom of a 60 Dodge 4 door sedan. A huge undertaking with great results. (I was born in 1960 grew up in a 1960 Olds Super 88 so I’m partial to 60 American land yachts)