interior color code

bmw art car

Reaction score
my 68 2800cs was polaris but i need to know the interior color
to get dye for the seats...can anyone help?
2270046 is the vin

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
I doubt anyone will know from the VIN, with the exception of the contact at BMW headquarters who researches vintage car specs. His info can be found via search, as I don't have it immediately available.

Can you post a pic or describe the color? You could review the OEM BMW color inventory offered by Leatherique, etc., and then check those color names against color charts available on the web. Also check their standard generic colors for a match. I'd recommend getting a near match and then a slightly lighter hue of the same color so that you can mix a batch that suits your exact color. Mixing colors is OK per Leatherique.

bmw art car

Reaction score
I doubt anyone will know from the VIN, with the exception of the contact at BMW headquarters who researches vintage car specs. His info can be found via search, as I don't have it immediately available.

Can you post a pic or describe the color? You could review the OEM BMW color inventory offered by Leatherique, etc., and then check those color names against color charts available on the web. Also check their standard generic colors for a match. I'd recommend getting a near match and then a slightly lighter hue of the same color so that you can mix a batch that suits your exact color. Mixing colors is OK per Leatherique.

that's great info
i attached a photo... to me it looks royal blue
mynewcar018.jpg

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
It is navy blue or marineblau.
I don't remember about '74s, but all the other E9s just had the one blue color.

bmw art car

Reaction score
It is navy blue or marineblau.
I don't remember about '74s, but all the other E9s just had the one blue color.

i just found a box with new leather front seat covers...(for sale)
the invoice reads navy blue, so i assume that is what my seats are...