ISO RIVOLTA Bertone design looks like a close cousin to an e9

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Bertone had a big influence on the design of our cars. Look into the early 1960s BMW 3200 CS ‘Bertone’ and you can see the similarities.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Bertone had a big influence on the design of our cars. Look into the early 1960s BMW 3200 CS ‘Bertone’ and you can see the similarities.
Wow, yeah it's almost the same as the Rivolta - even has a v8 in it.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very similar. There was one rotting under a tarp in Marin county next to a friends house about 2 years ago. It was parked on top of the mountain side house and the house sold. It always looked pretty precarious. Once sold, they immediately condemned the house. It was a completely rotten structure. Luckily the Iso didn't end up in the bedroom! Here's a pic I snapped driving by.

20201124_143755.jpg

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
Very similar. There was one rotting under a tarp in Marin county next to a friends house about 2 years ago. It was parked on top of the mountain side house and the house sold. It always looked pretty precarious. Once sold, they immediately condemned the house.

I think that's a Facel Vega, not an Iso Griffo. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=facel+vega&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=wxPMZfb7v2xH4M%2CKy2bI7lHhuOOqM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRjfC3jTJf9PA4jMAThKoEBM6cZQg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjeoIvyqpztAhXBOn0KHddDCD4Q9QF6BAgEEGA&biw=1237&bih=828#imgrc=wxPMZfb7v2xH4M

A car buddy of mine has an Iso Griffo and brings it to the same Cars & Coffee that I bring my e9 to. I like parking next to him and comparing our cars' similarities. They are about the same size as well as sharing visual cues.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that's a Facel Vega, not an Iso Griffo. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=facel+vega&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=wxPMZfb7v2xH4M%2CKy2bI7lHhuOOqM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRjfC3jTJf9PA4jMAThKoEBM6cZQg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjeoIvyqpztAhXBOn0KHddDCD4Q9QF6BAgEEGA&biw=1237&bih=828#imgrc=wxPMZfb7v2xH4M

A car buddy of mine has an Iso Griffo and brings it to the same Cars & Coffee that I bring my e9 to. I like parking next to him and comparing our cars' similarities. They are about the same size as well as sharing visual cues.

You're right! I got them confused in my head. Yes, the Iso is completely different. Connection to the Bizzarrini lines... My bad!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In a Cars and Beers one day you would leave in the other car.
I did that with a Renault R4 once...

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The ISO Rivolta is one of my all time favorite designs. And the Chevy mechanicals make it easy to source parts. One day.....

jmackro

Reaction score
The ISO Rivolta is one of my all time favorite designs. And the Chevy mechanicals make it easy to source parts.

My friend drives his Iso a fair amount (at least considering that it's a valuable, classic car), driving it to Monterey each year (except 2020 of course). He was struggling recently to get the brake hydraulics working properly. Sourcing those parts was proving to be a challenge; apparently there's no Walloth Nesch or Maximillian for Iso's. He has mentioned a small but enthusiastic, world-wide owners club.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
My friend drives his Iso a fair amount (at least considering that it's a valuable, classic car), driving it to Monterey each year (except 2020 of course). He was struggling recently to get the brake hydraulics working properly. Sourcing those parts was proving to be a challenge; apparently there's no Walloth Nesch or Maximillian for Iso's. He has mentioned a small but enthusiastic, world-wide owners club.
I have definitely seen one (probably his) driving around in traffic during Monterey Car Week. Interesting to hear that about the brakes, I guess they are not chevy parts!

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of cars similar in shape to E9's but yeah the Maserati Mexico does look more like the ISO Rivolta.