It's Only Surface Rust

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The owner seems a little optimistic about the rust situation. :)

the good news for the seller is you can't post comments on ebay - the phrase, if there's smoke ... there's fire, comes to mind.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a smell on the interior of this car, I'm certain of it. That same smell still lives in a few plastic parts bins in my garage.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw two cars this am with a bunch of primer over some surface rust with the rust coming through. Waiting for people to realize the rust starts on the other side.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There is a smell on the interior of this car, I'm certain of it. That same smell still lives in a few plastic parts bins in my garage.
I agree...I have my "scratch and sniff" app turned off and my wife even smelled it.
Dormant mold and mildew, fifty year old fabric, with a hint of mouse turd...Not a great vintage.
I hope that I am surprised that someone (younger, wealthier, and more energetic than I am...) takes $120K and makes a it beautiful $90K car....

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I spotted this. I'd call that pretty conclusive evidence of a rust-through. He just hasn't peeled back the carpet to see it in the corner.

Rusty bottom.png

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
started looking at it, couldn't get past the 3rd picture. poor car, some owner(s) need to be taken to the woodshed and beat senseless.
Yeah I never understood this phenomena about letting cars go to $hit like this. The only time I can kind of see it is if PO falls ill and wife and or family members just can't come to grips with selling it while there loved one is still alive. Where emotion plays a big part. They know they aren't doing the owner or the car any favors, but just can't come to grips with selling it. But other than that scenario or owner dies and car sat in barn or something for years until discovered. But to be an owner of such a beautiful car and purposely just let it sit and go to hell, I just don't get it.

tygaboy

Reaction score
And sold for $21.5! Given parts availability, fabrication and labor costs, that makes mine worth $250K! :p