Jewelry for your coupe: copper battery straps.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have two sets of these copper straps, one for the battery and the other one for the block-firewall. The battery one is a couple of inches longer than the original but fits well by giving a small loop.

$27 for the set plus $5 USPS priority small box.

P1100706.JPG

P1100707.JPG

P1100708.JPG

P1100709.JPG

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Luis,

if you find more of these, please let me know. i was out of the country last week and missed the post

scott

krauser

Reaction score
They look very similar to Porsche parts: early 911 negative cable part # 901.611.902.21, and 914 transmission ground strap 999.611.919.20,

krauser

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Luis,

before you ship these away ... perhaps it would be good to have the actual widths and lengths of both cables. they appear to have different widths.

i presume these were actual BMW parts. would be good to document them while we have a chance.

i think the porsche parts look similar, but the lengths appear to be different.

thanks
scott

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Length of the battery strap is 10" from the center of the hole to the center of the battery clamp.

Length of the bellhousing-firewall strap is 8".

Width of the battery strap is 20mm and the B-F strap 19.5mm.

I sourced these straps because they are copper, they have a perfectly tight weave and I could be assured of the near perfect appearance. Grounding straps are available through many outlets but these are the only ones I could find that are shinier than a brand new penny and as flat as freshly-pressed, over-starched french cuffs.

I may be able to get more so please stay tuned if you are interested.