L.C. Wylie Sanden Compressor Mount?

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Trying to raise the AC from the dead on a 73 E9. The York and it's bracket are long gone so I need a complete on-the-block bracket for a Sanden 508. Is the Wylie $150 bracket what I want? Or alternatively...??

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It works with this base bracket.
2599A062-8B77-4FE5-9236-3DA69554C098.jpeg
F0D85DBD-6AA0-4E5A-9DD3-E8F9AA5DF1EB.jpeg

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Aha. So is the alloy bracket something that should have been on my block? Or is it from something else?

Excellent pics, thank you and please forgive my ignorance. It's been a looong time since I tried to get an E9 AC system to work...45 years maybe. Hopefully there's an improvement to be had over the "old lady with ice cube in cheek blowing on leg" OEM setup.

boonies

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Aha. So is the alloy bracket something that should have been on my block? Or is it from something else?

Excellent pics, thank you and please forgive my ignorance. It's been a looong time since I tried to get an E9 AC system to work...45 years maybe. Hopefully there's an improvement to be had over the "old lady with ice cube in cheek blowing on leg" OEM setup.
Perfect timing as I am delaying interior work until the late fall, and enjoy my new coupe during the summer...but the heat and humidity on the east coast really necessitate AC. While mine was equipped, the previous owner removed the non-functional parts. I have them, but am thinking about a compressor upgrade.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That bracket is from later BMWs, known as Wing Cell bracket I think. Discussed by Rob the Hack Mechanic in his book.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Consider the Sanden 709, smoother operation, more output, less drag on engine.

Trying to raise the AC from the dead on a 73 E9. The York and it's bracket are long gone so I need a complete on-the-block bracket for a Sanden 508. Is the Wylie $150 bracket what I want? Or alternatively...??