LA: 1969 2800 CS - $15K

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/selling-1969-bmw-2800cs/6384719717.html

00909_eKnsM7TEEoD_600x450.jpg

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like it's been repainted twice. The strut support insulation is gone and the exterior is whiter than the Chamonix in the engine compartment. The trunk badge was removed, and it looks like the trunk lock was painted over. Otherwise, it looks quite nice.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like it's been repainted twice. The strut support insulation is gone and the exterior is whiter than the Chamonix in the engine compartment. The trunk badge was removed, and it looks like the trunk lock was painted over. Otherwise, it looks quite nice.

Good observation. There is overspray on the wiper and hood cables that confirm paint work in the engine bay. I think two resprays in 48 years is reasonable. :)

I like this one a lot!

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
He is showing car tomorrow and Tuesday. He already has a $14,200 offer. He has had three people show up to date and more coming in the next two showings. I assume by tomorrow Gooogout will be the new owner and by Monday it will be up for sale on Ebay. Taking bets, lol.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
His email with more detail if anyone has serious interest.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest. Maybe I can answer some questions.
Engine is rebuilt and not the original motor. Original had corrosion and was not repairable. Rebuilt engine has less than 5k miles. Same engine that the car came with 6 cylinder, just not the stock one. twin carburetor.
The car is stored in a garage for the past 7-8 years. Only driven about 1-2 times per month just to keep it running.
It does have minimal surface rust spots, nothing major except one hole where the spare tire is. Other than that the car is good.
Shock towers are in good condition with no rust and solid.
Paint job was done around the time the engine was rebuilt, we tried to get the original but did the best we could given the paint was faded and it was original.
The car has minor leaks since she is old, we discovered a leak under the transmission and we will try to get it on a hoist this weekend.
The interior needs some touch up, but like anything from 69, it does need some love. The seats were redone.
We have shown the car to several people since Monday and have been overwhelmed with emails. I am replying to everyone in the order received to be fair to all.
We have had offers and so far our best offer for the car has been $14,200 even with the small leaks.
If you're still interested, please email me.
Thank you kindly
Manfred

shanon

Reaction score
No fed side markers, roll up windows...runs and drives.. presentable exterior.

Bet its a Euro ;)

Someone go poke it with a stick!

Good luck!

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Looks like it has rear side markers, but no front, just like my car.

Based on the red tail lights I am thinking a 227 or 228 car, and one of the first 50 for the series.

That's my guess anyway...I emailed for the Vin.

cartoonz

Reaction score
guy was a little strange... he sent that exact same email to everyone, apparently.
problem is, it doesn't seem like he actually read any of the incoming emails...
if he had, he would have called me as i requested and I'd have given him the full ask...
But Noooo.... even after a second email, more nonsense about him "finding the leak"... which wasn't the answer to "CALL ME, have cash..."

Oh well, someone did buy it.... Gooogout is likely formatting the eBay listing now...

shanon

Reaction score
2200081......that's an very early one. Neat.

I'd guess a possible '68 build date? Mine, 2202257, was Dec 69.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would love to know what story he feeds the sellers that he always ends up with these cars even though others interested see the same car yet somehow he ends up taking the cars home.