Last Sunday drive before winter

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
656C118F-F1AB-408D-AD20-C7F3A94E6AB5.jpeg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Winter??? What’s that? Sorry....couldn’t resist. I’ll be moving to a place with winters soon so had to get that in while I could.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Winter??? What’s that? Sorry....couldn’t resist. I’ll be moving to a place with winters soon so had to get that in while I could.

“Winter”
Hereia what my dictionary says:
A season of the year during which car nuts stop driving so they can do maintenance and make needed repairs and upgrades to their classic cars.

It’s also a chance for some of us to redeem ourselves with our spouses ... for all those weekends we’ve selfishly spent at the track or out wasting gas with fellow car nuts.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My approach is somewhat different. I live north of Philadelphia in Bucks County. We have gotten less and less snow the past few years. Hope it continues. If we have rain I wait until the roads are dry and the sun is shining, a plus. If we have snow and Penndot salts and plows I wait for rain. When the roads are salt free, no white dust, I drive.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
The F40 has to be one of the most iconic, supercars in existence IMHO. What a group. Listening to that spool and wastegate chirping are one of cardoms best sounds. Great run group! Thanks for the pics...

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow! Fast company.

There is a very original Ghibli 4.9SS off-camera to the left. This was one of the few times the Ghibli was overshadowed by another of our motley crew.
9F2E5983-821F-4C7A-9825-A24FDFDD37E9.jpeg

Its great folks with cars at this level are willing to bring them out for informal weekend jaunts, and yes we do it in the rain and in freezing weather too. The only no-go is when there is salt on the roads.

You lucky SoCal guys get more chances to see this rare stuff a lot more than we do in New England.