leatherique rejuv oil & pristine clean

bmw art car

Reaction score
i have gotten myself some of the 32oz bottles
and i would pass them onto forum members for 60,- plus shipping
instead of the 65,- plus shipping offered by leatherique directly.
and 20,- less than it's been offered by others on ebay.
i am not going to make a biz out of this but rather pass on some savings
to other members
PM me

bmw art car

Reaction score
a review i found

Review: Leatherique
I just tried out leatherique at last on my 97 GTI VR6 after having my order of leatherique sitting in my closet for the past 3 weeks. I've been waiting for the ideal time where I didn't have to use my car for about 5 hours and it was sunny out. In the pacific northwest, it's pretty tough to predict a sunny day!

My interior was recently converted to black leather transplated out of another GTI that was headed for the junk yard. The leather was in great condition, but was a little stiff. This is a problem that's plagued all VW leather in this generation of cars. (The 2000+ models have much softer leather). I mainly wanted to apply leatherique to thoroughly clean the seats and to soften then up a bit. The seats were also getting pretty shiny from constant rubbing of my butt on my regular spirited driving sessions

I first cleaned the seats with a soapy warm water solution, then used a soft bristle toothbrush to get the stitching clean. Then I vacummed up the dirt out of the crevices. I let the seats dry overnight and then started the next morning on leatherique. I parked the car in the sun and turned on my car's heat for about 5 mins to get the inside toasty (I started at 10am so it wasn't that hot yet).

I applied the leatherique onto the seats pretty liberally. I have 32oz of both rejuvanator oil (RO) and prestine clean (PC). I applied the RO by hand and massaged it into the seats well pretty generously. I followed the directions included with my order and made sure I got the seams of my seats as well. I thought I was sloshing this stuff on, but after I was done, I realized I only used about 2oz per seat when the directions say to use 4oz!

I let the car sit in the sun with my windows up for 4.5 hours. I went out for the afternoon and came back ready to attack the seats with the PC. I poured a generous amount of the PC onto a white towel and started massaging that into the seats. The cloth was just turning brown and black!! The dirt was just coming out of nowhere! and to think I just washed them with soap and water thoroughly the night before. Leatherique really was pulling dirt OUT of the leather itself. After applying PC to all the seats, I started back on the driver's seat. I used a dry towel and buffed the PC out as per the directions. The towels was turning brown as well.. almost made me gag thinking of the fact I've been sitting on these for months!

After buffing all teh seats, I started again with another dry towel. More dirt was coming off onto this second towel and by the time I was done this second pass, the seats didn't feel oily anymore. The seats were slightly tacky.

The first thing I noticed after I stepped back was that the seats were DARK! This is a good thing. The black leather look dark, deep and soft! To touch, the leather was tacky (as expected since that's what others on autopia have experienced). Leather wasn't as soft as I expected, but I think I was expecting too much. Most people's reviews are about applying leatherique to much older seats. But don't get me wrong, the leather definitely was softer. The cracks in a few spots were much less prominent now and actually barely looked noticeable.

I'm letting the car sit now for a little while longer and I'm going to go over it with another dry towel just in case more PC/RO starts to bubble up or if Missed anything. I'll then followup with a coat of 303.

bmw art car

Reaction score
one has to be careful with redyed seats

the second stage... so called pristine can lift off surface dye.
but the first stage, the oil itself is the best thing for old dry leather

gary26
The leatherique process can be messy if you don't use common sense. I used a wax applicator sponge. I warmed exactly 4 oz of Rejuvenating Oil in
a glass measuring cup with the microwave for 20 seconds. 4 oz is reccommended per seat. I used the applicator and dipped in it the oil and carefully covered the seats with all 4 oz. It was a slow process because the oil is very light and splashes easily. I left the car in the sun as instructions advised for 8 hours, or can leave on your seats overnight if you choose.
After 8 hours in the sun I went back to see what happened and the dirt that had risen to the surface was alot. Like I said before my wife and I only drive the car with no kids, food, or drinks in the car. I didn't think my seats were that dirty but the oil really worked as it said it would.
The next step is using a spray bottle with the next product called Pristine Clean. After spraying your seats with Pristine Clean you wipe your seats down with a soft non linting cloth, I used an all purpose micro fiber cloth with warm water. You have to wipe the seats down at least twice with warm water to get all the cleaners off you applied.
My wife was gone for the day and when she returned should could not believe how new the seats looked. If you think about it when leather is processed almost all the natural oils are removed. After time in your car with the sun and people using the seats that's when your seats start feelng like cardboard and not the soft leather when you bought it. Leatherique replaces those oils and makes your leather feel like soft leather gloves. It was worth the 3 hours of work to apply and remove. I've never tried any other Leather cleaners but after seeing the results I got I probably never will.