Legends East attendance

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Hi All, I’ve signed up to attend the Legends event in Hilton Head. I was wondering if there
are others attending and if there is any sort of e9 owners meeting. I’ve not been to many car events other than the Vintage. Any advise or opinion of events not to be missed would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi All, I’ve signed up to attend the Legends event in Hilton Head. I was wondering if there
are others attending and if there is any sort of e9 owners meeting. I’ve not been to many car events other than the Vintage. Any advise or opinion of events not to be missed would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark
I'll be there and so will about 11 others from what Chris has said.
We should get together for dinner Friday or Saturday night.
Maybe some others will chime in.
I was at the Vintage with 13 coupes.
@Stevehose

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm also going to my first O-Fest and the LOTA-East for the first time. It would be nice to park together as E9 owners like was done at the Vintage. Knowing everyone's actual name and their forum name would be nice also. Drew

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It would be great if everyone attending were vaccinated. I am going to the Vintage in Saratoga where showing your vaccination card gets you past the registration area.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I may be driving Athena down for the BMW CCA O'Fest for Ever & Veronika the 1968 1600 Cabriolet will be at LOTA East & the Hilton Head Councours.

@Stan's GR8WHT will be attending LOTA East.

Misselwood Concours Tour 2021.jpeg

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will be driving up to attend O'Fest for Ever, LOTA East & the Hilton Head Councours.

Registration for O'Fest requires proof of vaccination.

Did not submit my coupe for judging at LOTA East (it is not restored , just maintained as a driver) so I will be parking with the the general public.

Doug

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Please guys, let's start a list with full names, car ID and at some point we can take this private with phone numbers.
I organized this for The Vintage and with some others help we can do it again.
If you post your name and info I will add to a list here.
Not sure if they is a way to make this available for all to add info.

Gary Beck - 1972 3.0 CS Avus (dark) blau.
Drew Greg- 1973 3.0 CS Turkis
Andrew Wilson- 1973 CSI Baikal?
Stan Chamallas- 1973 3.0 CS Great White.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Please guys, let's start a list with full names, car ID and at some point we can take this private with phone numbers.
I organized this for The Vintage and with some others help we can do it again.
If you post your name and info I will add to a list here.
Not sure if they is a way to make this available for all to add info.

Drew Greg- 1973 3.0 CS Turkis
Andrew Wilson- 1973 CSI Fjord

Fixed, Athena is Fjord

Look forward to seeing you, Doug.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary--For your records--My last name is Gregg. Getting a list of cell phone #'s, real names, and the forum names is a good idea.
Thanks!
Drew

And all O-Fest attendees must have proof of vaccination and wear a mask at indoor activities. I have received at least 2 emails stating this.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ha,ha Drew. That’s what I do when in a hurry.
I am working on another show that is now 30 days away.
Gary or is it Garry??

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew Gregg- 1973 3.0 CS Turkis
Doug McKenzie - 1972 3.0 CS(i) Taiga

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will be there, with Annabelle:

Chris Ohmes - 1972 3.0 CS Cadillac Platinum White with Mercedes Cognac interior, Koenig seats, Schrott racing harnesses, custom four gauge plate in place of the radio, Wed Bavaria wheels with black centers and triple Weber DCOMs. Pretty much unmolested.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drew Gregg- 1973 3.0 CS Turkis
Doug McKenzie - 1972 3.0 CS(i) Taiga
Chris Ohmes- 1972 3.0 CS White (special)
Steve Armstrong- 1972 CS Polaris

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The first time I attended the Vintage, I was in the process of looking for a coupe to buy. I had been active on the forum for about a year, and as part of my quest to find a coupe I attended various BMW events to meet people, learn about coupes and ask informally if anyone knew of a car for sale. While walking through the menagerie of beautiful BMWs parked along main street in Salem, NC, I struck up a conversation about coupes and some specific part the guy I was chatting up had been seeking. I said "hey, you should connect with Stan Chamallas, he had been talking about that part on the forum and perhaps could help you." The guy says: "I'm Stan Chamallas, nice to meet you."

So, maybe name tags would come in handy. My thought would be that maybe we could make up e9coupe.com name tags that we could wear around our necks as an adjunct to the ones we get for each event. Something to wear on a second lanyard for us to easily recognize each other, perhaps using a standard 3 x 4 name tag holder. By way of example, the tag could have the German flag colors black, red, yellow, laid out as on the top of each forum page along with "e9coupe" on the first line, to emulate the look of the header on the forum. Our screen names would then take up the remainder of the tag, with a standard font size set to accommodate the longer screen names (like the OP in this thread).

Not sure exactly how we would implement this. My initial thought is that perhaps someone here with some graphic design talent could create a template that we could each use. We would add our names to the template and have the tags printed using some standard mechanism (like Walgreens business printing services, for example). We would then be on our own for tag holders and lanyards (most of us probably have a dozen of these laying around).

Thoughts?