Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid

NightOwl

Site Donor
Reaction score
That being said, I am in the process of reassembling my car and have arrived at the "reinstall door windows" part of the process. Somehow during the disassembly, the piece on the end of the regulator (51 32 6 754 212), drivers side, that attaches to the glass and the arm slides in, got separated from the rest of the regulator. It obviously was me, but I have no recollection of the deed and I am unable to find that piece. My car is a '74 US spec car. Anyone have an old regulator that is not working but has that piece? This is the second time during this process that I am looking to replace a part that never needs to be replaced. I'm not looking for a working regulator (yet) as the cost is way too much and I only need this part.

Thanks,

Jake

A nod to Don L for supplying the picture

Window regulator.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi @NightOwl,

I likely have one? Did @sfdon tell you to ring me? I got a call from Denver a few hours ago.

I’ll mine the bins tonight. I need to go
to the post tomorrow anyway.

NightOwl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mark,
Yes Don did give me your number and yes, that was me. After getting out of the house to grab two dash parts that had been recovered, I went through everything I have again but this time, I peered down into the door itself, and found the part in the very bottom, back corner. I'm still not sure how it got there, as it wasn't on the regulator when I put it back in two weeks ago.

As Bob Nelson says, "A mind is a terrible thing...."

Thanks for the thought anyway, I appreciate it.

Jake