Lift points

E3AV

Reaction score
Do you guys have any good ideas for alternative lift points at the rear of the E3?
I’m going to do some welding on the floorpan around the rear subframe mounts. My only lifting option is a hydraulic car jack and jack stands. The jack stands are currently placed at the frame rails in front and at the rear subframe mounts in the rear where I need access.
I rather not place the jack stands under the rocker..

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you removed the rear subframe for access to the area you want to repair?
If so, the balance point of the car will be further forward, and you can try front support under the front subframe (center of crossmember?)
Then your rear support can be two places as far back on the frame rails as possible.
For security consider using a wood post (4"x4") as a crossbar between the rails since the front is tripod rather than 4-points.

E3AV

Reaction score
Ok I think I’ll try that. Thanks :)
I havent removed the rear subframe yet, but thats the thing I want to do to gain better access.
The sheet metal of the floorpan has rotted away on both sides where it forms a double layer with the reinforcement for the subframe mounts. You cannot actually see the damage from above (inside car), only from underneath.
Does anyone have some pictures of such a repair that they would like to share?