Lime Rock Historics

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Who is planning to attend Lime Rock this year?

Any interest in a gathering of e9 owners?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
It wouldn't be Lime Rock without a torrential downpour and flood.
That's why God created enclosed trailers.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Two Coupes in the Concours Class. David Reilly & Lowell Paddock

Other coupes were Chris Ohmes, Athena, & Doug Dolan.

Athena won 1st place among the display BMWs, it was quite a surprise!

IMG_8250.jpg
IMG_8252.jpg
IMG_8253.jpg
IMG_8255.jpg
IMG_8257.jpg
IMG_8258.jpg
IMG_8259.jpg
IMG_8389.jpg
IMG_8390.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8251.jpg
    IMG_8251.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 442

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Monday was the last day. We left after the Feature Bugatti Race, watched on more of the old F1 cars then headed home.

Took 6 pictures...

IMG_8399.jpg
IMG_8400.jpg
IMG_8402.jpg
IMG_8403.jpg
IMG_8404.jpg
IMG_8401.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Athena won 1st place among the display BMWs, it was quite a surprise!

There were dark storm clouds on the horizon for a while, when it appeared that there were no awards that Andrew could win. As luck would have it, Lime Rock has a category for the best blue e9 coupe from Maine with its name on the license plate. Competition was fierce, and it was nip and tuck for a while, but in the end, Andrew vanquished his rivals and stole the prize!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, the event was cool, but I had a heck of a time getting pictures. Here, Doug set up his car nicely next to this cool old building at the lodge, and somebody comes and parks his ratty old car nearby:

IMG_1210.jpg

Then I am am trying to get pictures of my car at the lodge, and the same thing happens to me. First its this old thing in front of my picture near the room:

IMG_1215.jpg

And then I am trying to set up this picture with the light coming through the trees and some guy parks this car with a dancing elephant on the hood in my shot:

IMG_1283.jpg

As if this stuff wasn't bad enough, I couldn't get any relief at the track either. Here I had a nice shot of our cars in the German Corral, only to find several of these decidedly not German cars in the shot. It was just maddening.

IMG_1276.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think he was the Russian rap singer who was hired as entertainment in the basement cafe that night.

Dohn

Reaction score
Yeah, the event was cool, but I had a heck of a time getting pictures. Here, Doug set up his car nicely next to this cool old building at the lodge, and somebody comes and parks his ratty old car nearby:

Then I am am trying to get pictures of my car at the lodge, and the same thing happens to me. First its this old thing in front of my picture near the room:

And then I am trying to set up this picture with the light coming through the trees and some guy parks this car with a dancing elephant on the hood in my shot:

As if this stuff wasn't bad enough, I couldn't get any relief at the track either. Here I had a nice shot of our cars in the German Corral, only to find several of these decidedly not German cars in the shot. It was just maddening.

Man, it looks like you had a serious Bug problem...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris O, these posts are hilarious! Those 'decidedly not German cars' kept getting in the way on Selfie Sunday too.

IMG_8369.jpg
IMG_8370.jpg