Reaction score
'liquid glass' sealer wax/polish

Has anyone of you tried it ,yet?
i love that stuff. it's the best i have ever used...by far :-D

Last edited:

bmw art car

Reaction score
a little test

My coupes paint is in very sorry condition...
Haven't had time to finish that , yet.
Anyway, I wanted to see what the 'liquid glass polish sealant' can do with that bad paint.
The results truly amazing
I didn't take a before photo as the before is pretty obvious
But already the first application make a wold of a difference to the dead paint.
I will post photo's from time to time of the progress as each application will
enhance the result.
FLAT PAINT
liquidglasstrial01-11-11013.jpg

FIRST APPLICATION
liquidglasstrial01-11-11014.jpg

liquidglasstrial01-11-11015.jpg

bmw art car

Reaction score
All i did is to tape off the area... no prep work at all.
I wiped the area clean with some glass cleaner. but that was all
I wanted to see what it can to in the worse scenario possible.
now if that spot will shine like new paint , then imagine what it will do to your
almost perfect paint job.

bmw art car

Reaction score
I haven't tried Zaino products ,yet. but what i can see is that
unlike Zaino this Liquid Glass doesn't seem to contain any abrasives

mario1017

Reaction score
liquid glass is a very good product for what you are looking to do I guess...
however, I have heard that it is a bitch to get off of the metal surface when you do decide to re-paint or refinish your car someday.
it will take more time

bmw art car

Reaction score
they say you need spirit and steel wool to get it off
basically the same thing you are supposed to do with any other repaint

bmw art car

Reaction score
saturday

It is a bit difficult to show the shine on a blue car.
and i don't want to sound like a broken record. The idea is to make the progress
and change visible from beginning to end. I could be painting a spot with clear coat. and in the end i will trim it all down to a few pictures to show the difference.
liquidglasstrial01-11-11044.jpg

liquidglasstrial01-11-11043.jpg

tochi

Reaction score
Your efforts seem to paying off but I am not so sure its because of the product, as much as your patience and elbow grease. To be sure, I am not denigrating the product. However, you might find equal if not better results using a polishing compound designed to quickly remove a dead layer of paint.

When rejuvenating the existing finish, much depends upon the quality of the original paint. This includes how it was applied, how much was applied, the quality of the original materials and of course, the type of paint that was applied. Simple lacquer is very forgiving and can almost always be buffed out, acrylic enamels and urethanes are more complicated as can be clear coats. Sun exposure is obviously different in the Pacific Northwest and Florida, so even two identical paint jobs can react differently to the elements, and unfortunately, one will likely degrade faster than the other.

Over the years we have used all types of miracle waxes, polishes and "treatments" and it is hard to say what worked best because each finish - just like each of the products - was different. It's just difficult to quantify. I am pretty sure I used liquid glass sealant since a can of the stuff is with my remnants in the basement. I can't say it was any better than the turtle waxes, weatherwaxes, simonizes, classics, excaliburs, mothers, zaino's and zymols (and plenty of others) for bringing back a neglected or degraded finish.

The discourse about abrasives may be misplaced. The LG site's instructions recommend rubbing with a "coarse" cotton cloth. The mere act of rubbing with a cloth - abrades. Chemicals can remove/loosen/soften part of the finish (oils and pigment) and result in a degraded finish - without necessarily scratching. Coat a degraded finish with WD-40 or liquid furniture polish and you may find everything looks showroom fresh - until the surface dries out in minutes, or quickly collects lint, dirt or other debris. Adding a clear coat can often make a degraded paint job look very good. Unfortunately, if the substrate has issues, the clear coat may not last very long.

Adding to all of the above variants that might prepare or preserve paint - is the color of the paint. In my uneducated opinion, light colors are easier to maintain or rejuvenate that dark colors and metallics are the worst. Yes, there are exceptions to all of the rules.

If there was a point to my comments :wink:, it might be interesting if you were to try using another product on your paint for comparison purposes.

Last edited:

bmw art car

Reaction score
While you made a few good points in general.
let me point this out
This product differs in one aspect as it is not a wax or polish. it is an enamel, that goes on and layer by layer fills in cracks, scratches and chips.
The reason why i picked the dull paint of the coupe is to illustrate this effect.
There is a grain of sand that was on the paint when i started. Like i said i did no prep to the surface what so ever. It is covered by a shiny coat now.

Rubbing compound would bring back the paint and shine it some. But that is not the goal I am trying to accomplish here.

If this is the result i can get with a dead paint job, then you should see what it can do for a car in descend or even good condition.