Long wheel studs

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
anybody know a supplier for long wheel studs for the E9 ? I searched W&N, Schmiedmann etc... but no luck.

I went from 8.5 x 17 wheels to 7.5 x 16 so that i can use series 50 tires instead of 40 , safer for off road parts in our rallys.
ET's of the wheels are approx the same , ET13 , ET15.
Now i find the wheels not so nice filling the fenders... that's why i want to use spacers of 12 mm.
Studs are now only just long enough ( 30 mm ) so i would need approx 45 mm.

I can buy wheels with ET 0 … but to expensive ( 3000 à 4000 €/set) for a "rally" car … among my wheels there are even the oem 850i wheels , perfect fit 7.5 x 16 ET15 …. A set of those i can buy for 250 € ! :D

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

They are ARP 1007715

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
ARP studs arrived today , so i did already on 1 wheel the conversion …. perfect ! ( at the same time new brake pads EBC Yellow as we have 2 big rallys coming up in September and November. ) Now nuts are fully threaded , my concern with the oem studs....
12 mm spacers to get those 7.5 " wheels towards the fenders as the 8.5 were. Just cosmetic :D

SAM_2792.JPG

stphers

Reaction score
Very nice if you really want to go crazy, check out the parts for sale forum on the Pelican parts site for Porsches. there is a fellow selling very nice open ended titanium wheel nuts that I think are the same pitch as BMW for a reasonable price.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
sorry , that crazy i'm not gonne go :D

changed today the rears and meanwhile removed all emergency brake parts as i don't use those … ( hydraulic ) .
Had some luck , turning the dust shield there is a opening from the emergency brake cable entry trough which i could enter the long studs ….(on top were the suspension arm flange is low in construction compared to the rest of the "circle" .)
Of course i could not "hammer" or press them in but with a nut and impact wrench worked perfect.

I kept the dust shields as otherwise mud could be collected in the ,now empty, emergency brake drums.

The oem studs are indeed longer in the rear as @JamesE30 wrote.

Happy with the result , nuts fully threaded and narrower 7.5" wheels have again the perfect stance as the 8.5 did.

SAM_2794.JPG