Longtime BMW owner/Short time Forumer

thomas burdette

Reaction score
I am a long time BMW owner, 1975 2002/1970 2800CSA. The 2002 was bought new. The 2800CS in 1991.
I am the second owner of the E9. Bought new in Monterey,CA, and lived most of its life in Monterey Bay area. Color is Baikal w/ Tan leather interior. Except for paint and normal repairs, the car is original. Just over 97K. I registered the car with CS Registry in about 1995, when it was my regular commuter. The car now lives in the Yosemite area near Bass Lake, CA. Since retirement I have performed most maintenance repair. The car is still a pleasure to drive, and constantly garners attention. Most pleasurable of all the classic cars I've owned, or own. (1957 190sl, tr250, 1967 sunbeam tiger, 1940 Packard, 1950 buick, 1960 & 1966 Cadillac, 1986 XJS).
I have looked through the forums over the years, but never joined until now. This decision is based upon the dwindling number of parts available from BMW, and the need to find other sources for products and workarounds. I'm sure I'll be a regular consumer from this point forward.
The CS is a US spec car, s/n 299.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Thomas.
Would love to see a pic of your car.
Lots of knowledge and parts available on here.
Have you tried W&N's website for parts as well?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m probably one of the few members who know where North Fork is, it’s beautiful country. Thanks for joining.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Thomas. What a great list of cars you've had - most of all the two bimmers you have currently. I am sure you'll find any help and parts sources herein. Would love to see pics of the e9 and the 2002! :) I can only imagine what it would be like to be the sole caretaker of a 2002 since new. I'm working on a time machine as we speak - ha ha.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the best Forum ever.
Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Hope You Enjoy This Group of Wonderful members.
Harry Malkasian
Better known as Koopman

thomas burdette

Reaction score
Thanks to all. Thanks for the specific info on o rings chris. I sold the 2002 when I bought the e9. I was moving up!? Or, just getting older and wanted 'more' comfort.