LRP event on Labor Day

TodB

Reaction score
Looks like LRP is continuing to get more organized each year with their Labor Day event.

This year, you had to apply by 8/12. From there, they looked at the entries to determine a) if you are worthy and b) in what class will you be assigned. I have been told that I am in and have been assigned to class 19 (not sure what that means yet). Anybody else heard back?

Will Mr. Balaban be bringing his food spread? Will we mingle with Chuck even though he'll be Coupeless and hanging out with those porscha people? Will Stan be bringing the newly painted show piece for all to see?

Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing the usual suspects and hopefully meeting some new ones.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I received confirmation yesterday for the event and will be in the same class.

Planning on bringing the same/similar food spread as last year.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupeless

Did someone mention food? I'll be there Saturday and try and track you all down to say hello and drool a little (over cars). My painted shell has just been completed and is being dropped off this Sunday. I should be wrenching during LRP, but I need a finished coupe fix, I think mostly to remind me where all the parts in the garage are supposed to go.

peytonplace

Reaction score
Looks like the selection committee has made an error in judgement and has allowed me in again this year. So - I'll be there with my '73 3.0 CSi in Class 19.

John

iconoclast6

Reaction score
To be clear, there are no mistakes made by the selection committee with respect to E9 Coupes.

Though The Agave has a respite after 4 consecutive years, the prospect of seeing the "usual suspects", Stan's Stallion and partaking of Michael's Chef's spread should make for a great day...

No further mention need be made of a wayward wander around the Porsche corral...

duane_sword

Reaction score
I have been traveling this week and just had a chance to roll through my voicemails... LRP has allowed VIN 4310155 (my coupe) into class 19 also... I wonder if there will be more E9 BMWs than Corvettes !?

TodB

Reaction score
Lrp

Looks like a good turn out so far and that all coupes are in the same class. Here's hoping the weather holds.

Duane, I am already looking forward to the drive back :grin:

duane_sword

Reaction score
Tod, I enjoyed our enthusiastic drive from LRP to Boston last year - made the straight drive on the mass pike a lot more entertaining ;-)

I am heading to LRP for sure but I may have the family in tow. The family will follow in the wagon and we will stay in the Berkshires from Saturday to Monday so it will be a more leisurely drive there and back for me this year.

See you at the track on Sunday morning!

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Camping in the in-field

i expect to be at LRP for Saturday's races, camping the in-field Saturday night, enjoying the car show Sunday, then avoiding our fine Massachusetts State Troopers on the way home Sunday afternoon.

All coupe folks welcome to sit and relax at camp-vbigdog.

Tom

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Todd, tell me what you're driving and I'll try to

find you Saturday during the day.
I'll be parked with the Lotus folks in a red Westfield 11.

I assume you'll be in your E9?

John

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Duane, see you there

Duane, I'll look for you there (met you at Mario's, I had that polaris e9 with triple webers the day your X5 blew a coolant house). I stupidly sold that E9 to fund a CSL deal that went sour. But, I'll be there in my Lotus Eleven clone (polar opposite of an E9 GT car).

John

CookeD

Reaction score
Hey Tod / Duane / Michael / Chuck, et al,

Cannot make it this year for the first time in a while, but will hopefully be there next time.

Thanks for representing, and best of luck in Class 19!

TodB

Reaction score
Lrp

Weather forecast is good.

For those of you who have signed up to show, some of us are meeting at the gate entrance at 8:30 on Sunday so we can go in/park together. You are more than welcome to join us.

For those attending but not showing, we'll be in class 19 which is typically parked along the front straight somewhere. Come on by!

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Weather forecast is good.

For those of you who have signed up to show, some of us are meeting at the gate entrance at 8:30 on Sunday so we can go in/park together. You are more than welcome to join us.

For those attending but not showing, we'll be in class 19 which is typically parked along the front straight somewhere. Come on by!

Tod, i'm camping the infield Saturday - Sunday. Spectator only, not driving the rustic Coupe. Will look for the Coupe crowd and introduce myself. Tom

TodB

Reaction score
Sunday

Hi John,

find you Saturday during the day.
I'll be parked with the Lotus folks in a red Westfield 11.

I assume you'll be in your E9?

Indeed, the "blue" one (I'm constantly asked what color it is)