May I introduce to you? RALF

Orangener

Reaction score
My E12-project "RALF" is back from the bodyshop :

Fahrerseite1.jpg

Wolfrace5.jpg

What would you choose ? The 16" Alpina´s or the 14" Wolfrace ?

All pictures here : http://www.razyboard.com/system/morethread-romans-e12-projekt-hoeni-2144797-5792707-60.html#go_32838

As an explanation : Ralf was the name of my father, he died last year and my son and I spend the inheritance for the restauration of this BMW 520/6.....

Last edited:

Orangener

Reaction score
Interior is not ready yet. But here´s an old pic I made before I sent him to Slovakia :

Bild0032.jpg

And here how it looks like before the paintjob, please note, there was snow !

Unbenannt-2Kopie.jpg

Dirk

Reaction score
Ralf was the name of my father, he died last year and my son and I spend the inheritance for the restauration of this BMW 520/6.....

Orangener, was Ralf the original owner of the car ? What is in Slovakia ? Somehow I find the jadegruen better looking without spoilers and skirts and with the original steering wheel rather than the Petri wheel which looks too vintage for the E12 in my opinion. Nice project. Have fun.

Orangener

Reaction score
Orangener, was Ralf the original owner of the car ? What is in Slovakia ? Somehow I find the jadegruen better looking without spoilers and skirts and with the original steering wheel rather than the Petri wheel which looks too vintage for the E12 in my opinion. Nice project. Have fun.

To answer your questions:

My father was the only man I knew who had no drivers license! After I had inherited the money (it was not much) my son and I came to the decision to buy a cheap but vintage BMW.
I have my Orange, and he also wanted classic car. The inexpensive way was an E21 or E12, and I found this E12, with 98.000 km and only 2 owners.

Better looking ? SURELY NO! --------->

The Petri was only a clumsy attempt, you´re right, we now will choose a wooden 3-spoke steering wheel or a Motorsport-steering wheel:

I will post pictures of both samplings !

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
14" Wolveraces or 16" Alpinas

My vote is for the 16" Alpinas too.

Can you still get decent rubber in the 14" sizes? We here in the colonies have virtually run out of quality tires of H rating or better for the 14's unless willing to pay huge $'s for Michelin XWX's.

I put 16" Alpinas on my very early #16--2800 CS about six years ago--as yet no negative comments on appearance--quite the opposite all positive--nor the statement to the effect that it looks too '80's. About 3 years ago I had looked seriously at an 1977 E-12 that was the nicest low miles example in the Western USA--it had 16" staggered Alpinas and looked great.

nameless

Reaction score
Gorgeous e12. My first car was a '77 e12 in Polaris. Certainly not a 520/6. Spectacular engine!! And that Jadegruen paint really sets it off.

Great work.

Jason

Orangener

Reaction score
I am in lust with that steering wheel! What kind is it and how old?

It´s a 38cm/15" with brand name "Formel", it came with a hub for Volkswagen, no production year stamped..
It was a good bag in Ebay germany, 79€ including shipping........
I only changed the internal teeth of the hub, did a little polish and it fits well......

Volant2.jpg

Last edited: