Mercedes Benz 113 280SL Restoration

coupeking

Reaction score
Am looking for a friend needing knowledgeable restoration and rust repair of a '68 280SL. Fair amount of lower body and sill rust, but a very straight chassis. All stripped out and on a roller, and all parts are available.

This is the type and quality of car I would normally undertake at my own shop--on an E9 or 2002--but have no experience with this model.

Any tips or referrals to quality SoCal / OC shops that specialize in these cars? Tom C ? Chris?

Peter
[email protected]

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
How about Mercedes classic center inIrvine? This car might be special enough for them to consider. Also, ask Steve Marx at Marx Mercedes Service (Costa Mesa) for a recommendation. He services lots old Mercs (SL’s) including my Dads car and while his Is not a restoration shop I would trust his recommendations.

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

E9 Projects and Restorations
Post your restoration and build projects here, big and small. Mechanical and electrical technical talk...”

meanwhile,

Off-Topic
Non-Coupe related... Keep it light and PG-rated. Political talk should be taken elsewhere, there are plenty of other sites focused on that.”

coupeking

Reaction score
How about Mercedes classic center inIrvine? This car might be special enough for them to consider. Also, ask Steve Marx at Marx Mercedes Service (Costa Mesa) for a recommendation. He services lots old Marc including my Dads car and while his Inst a restoration shop I would trust his recommendations.

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you were in Australia I could help..............1 1/2 years ago did a complete resto on a 230sl (in my garage at present)............exact same body. be prepared to spend some money.

There is a guy over there my the name of Brian Peters of Motoring Investments. try him very knowledgeable.