Michael Moore does a 180

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never would have expected him to be the Executive Producer of this expose on the Green Energy movement. Certainly meshes with my views on the subject. The last scene is gripping.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never would have expected him to be the Executive Producer of this expose on the Green Energy movement. Certainly meshes with my views on the subject. The last scene is gripping.

Interesting. Being from Detroit he has always been pro working class middle america. When he started out he was really hard on GM and Ford for cutting factory jobs in Flint Michigan. His theatrical slant has always been for the working man. Film style aside, his rooted perspective is the reason why he accurately predicted the 2016 election, a campaign which as we know cat towards working-class jobs.

In the 90’s GM dragged their feet on electric, presumably due to pressures from the oil companies. GM killed their EV1 electric car program which showed some promise (good documentary on that). Given the battery
tech at the time it was probably for the better (EV perception wise).

For some reason, it has taken US 40 years and an ego-driven nudge from Elan Musk to see that electrification can actually create jobs and not cut them.

The next big hurdle is showing America that alternative energy will also create jobs. No point in running electric cars off of coal-fired power plants. The vast majority of solar cells are made in China. Only a handful of US companies are making panels and they are 3X the cost.

Example: Wind Turbine Tech, very fast growing job!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Apparently the left has cast him it out of the village now.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Energy companies—traditional or alternative—aren’t easy to label... oh Hell, it’s so fraught & complicated right now, I can’t even try to give any emotional space to Michael Moore. I’ve got an inbox full of farewell messages from a lot of good folks in Houston, Oklahoma, & Denver leaving companies that should be bull-dozing their c-suites. My level of general disgust doesn’t lend itself to objectivity while my neighbor stakes his for sale sign.

But I was wondering if this you, @Nicad:

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well said Jay, I too have many friends in the industry all in the same shape. When gas goes to 5-6 dollars a gallon, who will be the blame but the oil companies, while we all wait for the windmills on our cars.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well said Jay, I too have many friends in the industry all in the same shape. When gas goes to 5-6 dollars a gallon, who will be the blame but the oil companies, while we all wait for the windmills on our cars.

Paying 10x any other play for Delaware basin land, funding it all on debt, continuing production-based bonuses for CEOs w minimal equity interest, & continuing to produce solely to service debt, when even Harold Hamm is pleading for everyone to chill—a lot of these companies and lenders deserve what they get, but it’s going to hurt a lot of people & communities who only tried to do what they’d been told was the right thing to do their whole lives. I know the people who talked Obama into approving exports—he was struggling w how to keep 100,000s of people employed & address green house emissions. That’s the tough conversation that no one wants to have. Maybe Putin & MBS did us a favor & we’ll have to address it like grownups sometime soon, because we’ve now had 3 busts in the last 12 yrs. In our lifetimes, there will always be some oil & gas industry, but states, lenders & Wall Street are getting awful tired of being pantsed by CEOs who can walk away with GFY money after 3 years on the job, regardless of what they leave behind.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Energy companies—traditional or alternative—aren’t easy to label... oh Hell, it’s so fraught & complicated right now, I can’t even try to give any emotional space to Michael Moore. I’ve got an inbox full of farewell messages from a lot of good folks in Houston, Oklahoma, & Denver leaving companies that should be bull-dozing their c-suites. My level of general disgust doesn’t lend itself to objectivity while my neighbor stakes his for sale sign.

But I was wondering if this you, @Nicad:

Normally that ramp is super busy. I find it hard to picture walking up that with a skateboard in hand and going down three wide. Rebels....I hope they get away. Toronto police have been very busy handing out $800 tickets to people sitting on park benches these last few weeks. The list of ridiculous police actions is pretty long in Canada right now. Anyone see the Lethbridge police take down a woman dancing in a Star Wars Stormtrooper suit in front of a Star Wars themed shop carrying a toy EC 17 Blaster ?

Last edited:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you follow the NBA, law enforcement is like my hero Russell Westbrook. One second you’re amazed at his heroics, and then you’re, “no, no, no, I see what you’re thinking & please don’t ...damn.”