MoMo prototipo w/hub

m73

Reaction score
There is a black prototipo & e9 solid hub for sale in UK on the 2002 forum --

Asking $600

NMNA but looks decent if the price is market value

Best to search & seek yourself to connect with owner -- happy searching.

-Mo

m73

Reaction score
This is a 370mm Momo BTW -- I think this is an original option to CSL's but not sure --

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a 370mm Momo BTW -- I think this is an original option to CSL's but not sure --

CSL’s never had a 370mm prototipo, and prototipos weren’t an option afaik. The Alpina wheel that came on early CSL’s was a prototipo, but it is a 380mm wheel (technically 375mm). That wheel does have it’s own part number in realoem. It was available after the CSL run. I know this because mine doesn’t have a stacked momo logo. The straight logo started around when the Petri became the factory wheel. That means that a 380mm Alpina wheel made after the logo change would have been an aftermarket part, or a replacement oem part. They also care in aluminum color, which the CSL never had.

m73

Reaction score
Interesting....If/when someone buys this maybe they can update with a picture & also share what the hub looks like.

Thanks for posting,

-M

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Not so fast Mark, while you are correct as usual about the 37cm Prototipo was not a CSL option, but there was in fact a factory silver/aluminum 38cm Alpina CSL wheel that was available.
7D22A221-C5D2-4292-8206-94EA42A5B7CA.jpeg
0828C8C1-4D73-4FC5-B71C-66D3D081EBCB.jpeg
A0A19F84-900F-4058-85CE-C09AD199358A.jpeg

I’m guessing I know who got the UK forum wheel, but at any rate it’s a later 2nd gen Wheel, nowhere near as valuable as the early ones buy still very cool. It’s was just an aftermarket wheel for any car at the time but was mostly popular with the 911 crowd.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not so fast Marky Mark, while you are correct as usual about the 37cm Prototipo was not a CSL option, but there was in fact a factory silver/aluminum 38cm Alpina CSL wheel that was available.

For the most part we are saying the same thing. You know that I’m aware of the silver wheel which is why I brought it up. That one is stacked and it does match the time frame of a CSL. However, have you ever seen a carbed CSL with a silver prototipo, other than the one race car photo that exists? If it was offered as a factory part, wouldn’t they have part number for the silver wheel and a part number for the black wheel? They have different part numbers for silver and black fender grilles.

JohnP_02

Reaction score
For the most part we are saying the same thing. You know that I’m aware of the silver wheel which is why I brought it up. That one is stacked and it does match the time frame of a CSL. However, have you ever seen a carbed CSL with a silver prototipo, other than the one race car photo that exists? If it was offered as a factory part, wouldn’t they have part number for the silver wheel and a part number for the black wheel? They have different part numbers for silver and black fender grilles.

I kid, I kid, Mark ;)

I guess the black would have had a different part number than the silver perhaps. All I know is its a CSL Alpina wheel and I want one :D

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m the lucky guy who got to buy the Momo wheel. Spoke/ called the seller who was hoping to find a Csl owner and being the first one to contact him, he was happy to let me have it. I will share pics as it gets here.
Per seller, he had many enquirers from all over the world. Some even offered him more than his asking price.
Keshav

JohnP_02

Reaction score
I’m the lucky guy who got to buy the Momo wheel. Spoke/ called the seller who was hoping to find a Csl owner and being the first one to contact him, he was happy to let me have it. I will share pics as it gets here.
Per seller, he had many enquirers from all over the world. Some even offered him more than his asking price.
Keshav

Shocking. Lovely wheel, but you should know better than anyone that wheel has zero to do with a CSL

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi John,
If it has more to do with your 02, I’d be glad to learn. My knowledge is limited no doubt, especially about Momo’s but my desire and keen eye makes up for my limited knowledge.

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Hi John,
If it has more to do with your 02, I’d be glad to learn. My knowledge is limited no doubt, especially about Momo’s but my desire and keen eye makes up for my limited knowledge.

Oh I am just jealous. But seriously, it’s just a regular 2nd gen Momo Prototipo. An aftermarket wheel available for any car that you could get a hub for. As I mentioned previously, historically there are much more popular with the 911 crowd, but of course there were hubs available for e9’s and 2002’s and Alfa’s, etc. But no, this was not made for any specific make or model. Congratulations on your purchase! J

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think they look very good in an e9. It’s my favorite Alpina wheel canvas. The flat prototipo blank that is.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some pics I got from the seller. That hub looks like it’s for a bmw although an unfamiliar shape. Once I have it I’ll post some detailed pics.
86974BB1-17FA-4A8F-B74D-55C7FBDB85DC.jpeg
BF0B5E3B-BA58-4338-B665-AF539C35EE9E.jpeg
E7A11960-8BB8-4BC5-805F-A17EB4D48008.jpeg

shanon

Reaction score
".......... have you ever seen a carbed CSL with a silver prototipo, other than the one race car photo that exists? "

Hhmmm....the one race car photo....what car are you thinking of?
I can think of one, curious if they are the same car/photo.

;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
".......... have you ever seen a carbed CSL with a silver prototipo, other than the one race car photo that exists? "

Hhmmm....the one race car photo....what car are you thinking of?
I can think of one, curious if they are the same car/photo.

;)

You know, the green one. It has been posted here several times. I have it locally cans can dig it up later.