Monterey, here comes Virginia E9s

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, my Legends and Festorics tickets arrived today. All is good there except my son is not coming this year and so I have an extra two day Laguna Seca ticket at $120 or best offer.

Chris Ohmes and I have our steeds loaded tomorrow by Bob Beverly who will dispatch them to San Francisco next Sunday. From there, Chris and I pick up Peter C at the airport on Monday morning and do what portion of the Highway 1 that is open, from north to south this time...no mudslides in the way or missing road that I can see.

Then Andrew Wilson joins us Tuesday afternoon after the Carmel Concours.

I can't wait to see everyone again!

I'm pretty sure my voltage regulator will be good this year - oh no, I probably just jinxed that. But no worries, I have a spare this time.

Any other E9s for judging? I haven't been judged for so many years now.

Wayne

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Have all my tickets in hand and RSVPs done.

IMG_3875.JPG

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So now I discover that the new 1 1/2 year old slave cylinder is leaking and the guibo is cracked, yikes. Got some work to do.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey guys, happy holidays to all of you, your families and, of course, our most special cars. I thought you would get a kick out of this posting. Gloria Valentino was our class host at the Carmel Concours during the big Monterey weekend this last August. She wrote a piece for Chris Ohmes and I and another 02 fellow attached here and was fine with us sharing it. Gloria was a hoot to talk with during our E9's beauty show at Carmel.

Also, Chris, Doug Dolan, Tom Baruch and I met for lunch last weekend to scope out the 2018 activities. For sure we will be attending Pittsburgh and the October fest in July, but Vintage NC is still a question mark. If any west coasters want to join for that, let us know! Ohmes is house hunting now. Monterey may happen again for an anniversary year, but the consecutive 2016 and 2017 showings for Blue Belle will be it for a while.

Attachments

• gloriaE9small.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 367