Monterey Pics for those that missed it

keefer

Reaction score
Hey All,

Due to keeping the shop open until Friday and hanging with family in Monterey, I nly managed to get to a half day on Sunday. Gave Carl my camera for Friday, I took most of the pics at Laguna. For those who have never gone, you just have to go.

Enjoy the pics, lots of coupes in the corkscrew. Talked with Boris Said again (we had a few too many beers in St. Louis together); but I was pulling for the 45 car as we finished the differential for it at the wire. Only thing I was dissapointed about was the SERIOUS lack of BMW's. There were 3 cars running on Sunday. Lame. But I guess they didn't want to steal the Mini thunder.

http://public.fotki.com/sdlongboarder/chris_work_pictures/monterey_historics_2006/

Chris Keefer
bimmerdoc.com

mpgandco

Reaction score
Chris
Thanks for posting the pictures.For those who couldn't attend,this gives them a prospective of just how big this event is.There were actully 20 coupes at Concorso this year.Lets see if we can make it 30 next year.If you register early for Concorso it is only $100 and this gets 2 people in.It is cheaper than just a spectator ticket and you get VIP parking.

keefer

Reaction score
No Problem

No problem on posting the pics.

Again, like mpgandco said, you just cannot even imagine how big the event is. I could have taken pictures all day; but at one point I just kept looking at stuff. It's literally amazing how much you see and how many cars you see that you never even thought existed. Amazing.

Sorry I couldn't get to Friday as I really wanted to see the coupes and hang with my bud Shawn Hanson and make sure his car is still doing well since I gave it a mechanical make-over.

For those who have never gone, seriously, you have to go. One guy was quoted as saying he'd rather miss Christmas.

Bryce

Reaction score
Hey Chris,
Checking out your pics made me a bit USA nostalgic - could do with a coffee at Crystal cove. Now I'm doing the double take on a lot of morris minors, old holdens, (real) mini's, etc. Their owers' enthusiasm for cars is the same however.

Caught a 4-5 ft swell at Whale bay (raglan) in the weekend and yesterday spent the day on awesome powder so life's good!

Cheers,
Bryce

keefer

Reaction score
Hey Bryce

Bryce,

I'm trusting that the car is now a NZ native? What an ordeal. Sorry I couldn't find all the pics I have. I'm still trying to find them as they are on a back-up disc somewhere.

Waves haven't been that great here this summer. Mostly closed out at the beach breaks if there's any size. So I've been playing a lot of tennis instead.

You should try to schedule a "business trip" for Monterey next year. We might be able to have you drive something with the steering wheel on the correct side as well.

DSC_0194-vi.jpg

Chris