Morgan fun....

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
today we participated a local tour rally with our Morgan +4 ( '89 , Rover engine/gearbox) until i had no clutch pedal…. to see the top of the clutch fork lever was broken !!!! wow... never seen this in my life. It is a stupid piece of pressed metal and broke…. damned.
Not replaced yet… i fear a lot of work…. :oops:

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
indeed... gearbox cannot be removed unless via the engine bay . So it was a engine out job. With all things demounted on car & engine it was a just fit to get it out... remount will be a precise work :oops:

at least we are that far... new clutch kit and some more as "we are in there "...

SAM_2798.JPG

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
via Morgan forum a supplier ( Simon Hall , Sifab UK ) is gathering all the parts i need… great guy ! That is new radiator, clutch kit,alignment tool and spigot bearing. A new slave cilinder i already had found and ordered at MerlinMotorsport UK.

Not as easy as our coupes....with BMW and W&N.... it is a mix of Rover parts ( M16 engine but older Sd1 belhousing/clutch) and adaptations made by Morgan as the slave cilinder .

But i get help , great people in the UK !

PS i was wrong on the road site ( no light and difficult to see ) : it is the clutch release bearing that broke , not the fork. The guiding tube is some kind of "plastic" ! and the bearing itself melted back half way that housing …. that's why the fork was pushed that far till the slave piston came out.