My 1973 BMW 3.0cs Sunroof Five speed UPDATE

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Manual door windows are probably faster than electric. This beauty still seems undervalued to me but we will see in the next few hours.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What’s your expectations @DavidE9? (Price range) Not often we see the owner involved in dialogue while the auction is going on a different platform! Rooting for you.

I don't think it would be appropriate for @DavidE9 to state his reserve here. We can wait two hours. I've watched all of David's videos and he seems like the scrappy type that can find great deals on vehicles. I can only imagine that he will come out ahead after a little bit of sweat equity that he put into the car. GLWS David!

DavidE9

Reaction score
I don't think it would be appropriate for @DavidE9 to state his reserve here. We can wait two hours. I've watched all of David's videos and he seems like the scrappy type that can find great deals on vehicles. I can only imagine that he will come out ahead after a little bit of sweat equity that he put into the car. GLWS David!

Thanks @Markos

I’ll put it this way. If it doesn’t sell, I’m keeping it!:p;)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not the greatest time to sell a car.

Maybe try again when we have a covid vaccine. Top dollar would be get if maybe the door panels were OEM and mint. The front seats are a little polarizing. Ditto the seat fabric.

However, you're not going to find a drier car IMHO short of a full blasted and/or dipped and rotisserie'd resto.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like this car should have gone for a fair bit more money. The interior stuff is cheap and easy relative to rust.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I also expected bids to go higher.

I wonder if 3 things hindered better bids

(1) Canada to USA: this is WAY overblown in difficulty. I’ve done it and it was truly painless and simple. I might have spent as much as 36 min at the border for the processing, and I didn’t use an import agent. I might have spent a total of 2 hours preparing the paperwork per a well documented process.

(2) front seats. I would redo/install a set of original seats and include the cool Scheel’s as extras. The OE seats are functionally inferior but look better in pictures

(3) some folks have bought into the hoax called global warming ;-) and this might ding the value of non-AC cars for some bidders.

I was surprised at the lack of guys over 7’ tall asking if they’d fit.

John

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score

(1) Canada to USA: this is WAY overblown in difficulty. I’ve done it and it was truly painless and simple. I might have spent as much as 36 min at the border for the processing, and I didn’t use an import agent. I might have spent a total of 2 hours preparing the paperwork per a well documented process.

(2) front seats. I would redo/install a set of original seats and include the cool Scheel’s as extras. The OE seats are functionally inferior but look better in pictures

(3) some folks have bought into the hoax called global warming ;-) and this might ding the value of non-AC cars for some bidders.

I was surprised at the lack of guys over 7’ tall asking if they’d fit.

John

I think a 2.5 percent duty to bring the car back into the US will apply. Once, they have been in Canada for a while, you have to pay duty.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

X2.

Covid makes it a little tougher, however, since we can't just go and get them and bring them back.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
My Jag had been in Canada for 15 years and it didn't apply.

@bfeng - Hoax? Surely you jest!

Didn’t you see this in my post

C6DC6C17-49E3-4532-859F-F7001BDA0187.jpeg