My 1974 CSI Project

Barry.b

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my 1974 3.0 csi. I bought it about 6 years ago and I have said every year so far that I will start working on it now soon...

47816873-82CB-459D-AD84-8E76AFA99AAA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Edit your post to a subject title and content and you'll be able to finish your comment.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Title edited @Barry.b. If you have more to add about your project I can merge your comments into the intro post. Thanks!

Barry.b

Reaction score
:)
Barry, what color is that? Hard to tell with all the different lights hitting it.
Hi there it is fjord blue , she has been off the road since the head casting became porous in 1985 and he kept it with the cylinder head in the trunk until he finally decided to sell it in 2014. I think I am the 4th owner from new . It is rough in places but it is a matching numbers car and with a lot of time and patience it should be a beauty when finished

Barry.b

Reaction score
My head was cracked and porous - once it was welded up i was told by my engine man to send it here, as they have done many heads etc

They sorted it out - was pressure tested and all good - was about £75..... money well spent

Marc
Hi there . They sound like magicians . I wish I knew about them before !!! . I bought more heads , 1 from Germany it too was scrap as there was detonation damage to it and then another one from Poland the polish one needed some welding to be done before skimming , but it worked out good in the end . It cost me a lot more than 75 pounds though . My original head can be seen on the right of the pic below. The coolant was flowing into the exhaust port . ( that was before I purchased the car )

Attachments

• 9A3AB709-62EB-4F15-B72A-AC0C7F7F6506.jpeg
    9A3AB709-62EB-4F15-B72A-AC0C7F7F6506.jpeg
    507.8 KB · Views: 135
  • D5E04C25-EA57-44A7-ABC7-5ECEFFEFC41F.jpeg
    D5E04C25-EA57-44A7-ABC7-5ECEFFEFC41F.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 139

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
:)

Hi there it is fjord blue , she has been off the road since the head casting became porous in 1985 and he kept it with the cylinder head in the trunk until he finally decided to sell it in 2014. I think I am the 4th owner from new . It is rough in places but it is a matching numbers car and with a lot of time and patience it should be a beauty when finished
Ah, yes. It’s much more obvious in the different pics you posted in your other thread. The one pic above seemed ambiguous.

Barry.b

Reaction score
Ah, yes. It’s much more obvious in the different pics you posted in your other thread. The one pic above seemed ambiguous.
Hi there when I posted this thread , I had selected all of those photos too but somehow they did not attach, I must have not clicked on the attach tab properly or something , anyway thanks for your message. :)