My 3.0cs Listing

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Love the new color combo. Only nit is the engine compartment and bubbles. Maybe put early bumper brackets to suck the bumpers in tighter.

Should not take but a few thousand for paint work and some maybe 30-40 hours of sweat equity.

Too bad you're selling. Not too many solid e9s like yours left.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 73 bumpers look fine, no need to change. And its not easy to do anyway, rear bumper with hoops won't fit the earlier brackets and you would need new front brackets and new holes drilled in fenders.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this car or seller, but it is about 2 hours from my location. Was going to post the listing tonight before I saw this thread. Curious why seller is selling. Seems the car was just purchased less than a year ago, did some cosmetic lipstick and the car is relisted for sale. Is this a cosmetic flip? I mean no offense, but I am trying to understand the rational. Beautiful car in the pictures, albeit what appears to be some rust lurking at the top of the inner fenders. I know Baikal Blue is a popular color, but the Polaris really suits it. A real looker from the exterior. Would the red interior have been original in a Baikal Blue car?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this car or seller, but it is about 2 hours from my location. Was going to post the listing tonight before I saw this thread. Curious why seller is selling.

I believe that the seller is named Chris. As far as I know he is a forum member. :D

We’ve seen a few blue on red cars pass by. IIRC the experts said it was a factory option. It has been discussed at some point anyway. I call them superman cars. :)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was thinking the blue and red support a good Americana theme, though that doesn't seem to fit its German heritage. :) I still think the Polaris over red is a winner.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I strongly considered purchasing this car from the owner in TN a few months back but ultimately passed. As I recall the interior was actually painted red and the front seats vinyl per the seller. That may explain the comments above. Looks great cleaned up!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Too much typing after dinner and cocktails last night - sorry about that. Please allow me to start over:
Hi Chris, great looking car. Looks like you spent a summer's worth of weekends polishing it up beautifully. What is prompting the sale? By the way, GLWS - I trust it will make the new owner very happy!

Last edited:

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this car or seller, but it is about 2 hours from my location. Was going to post the listing tonight before I saw this thread. Curious why seller is selling. Seems the car was just purchased less than a year ago, did some cosmetic lipstick and the car is relisted for sale. Is this a cosmetic flip? I mean no offense, but I am trying to understand the rational. Beautiful car in the pictures, albeit what appears to be some rust lurking at the top of the inner fenders. I know Baikal Blue is a popular color, but the Polaris really suits it. A real looker from the exterior. Would the red interior have been original in a Baikal Blue car?

Hi yes I got this car not long ago and yes I've spent the whole Summer doing some work & major clean up
The Rust on the seams by inner fenders that you see in the pictures is nothing and minimal that's why I pulled the Insulation to inspect

Why sell I have 2 other e9 Projects and I want to Build a Restomod and on top of all I've just got me a Euro e28 & Euro e21 which I was hunting for awhile 3 car garage and 14 cars at the moment few forum members know me and know my Hoarding Problem
I wanted a car that I can drive while I do some work to it and if I make few bucks on it why not will spend it on cars anyways

Silver on Red is nice but I wish it was kept original Baikal

Attachments

• A817613A-00B8-45CF-990B-CCC19B2DDD50.jpeg
    A817613A-00B8-45CF-990B-CCC19B2DDD50.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
  • 35493695-C9DC-4484-99BE-71E176762F20.jpeg
    35493695-C9DC-4484-99BE-71E176762F20.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 121
  • 399EAC69-0061-4A3E-A007-9B0F9B4AAB2C.jpeg
    399EAC69-0061-4A3E-A007-9B0F9B4AAB2C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 374

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why sell I have 2 other e9 Projects and I want to Build a Restomod and on top of all I've just got me a Euro e28 & Euro e21 which I was hunting for awhile 3 car garage and 14 cars at the moment few forum members know me and know my Hoarding Problem

I’ll vouch for your hoarding problem. ;) Well that depends - how many tractor trailers do you have full of e9 parts? If it is only one trailer than you are still safe.

The real question is, how the hell did you establish precedence in the garage? I see all car stuff and a 3’ section for the kid bikes! I’ve only stolen 75% of my 2 car garage.

399eac69-0061-4a3e-a007-9b0f9b4aab2c-jpeg.31878

GLWS!!!!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi yes I got this car not long ago and yes I've spent the whole Summer doing some work & major clean up
The Rust on the seams by inner fenders that you see in the pictures is nothing and minimal that's why I pulled the Insulation to inspect

I wanted a car that I can drive while I do some work to it and if I make few bucks on it why not will spend it on cars anyways

Silver on Red is nice but I wish it was kept original Baikal

As to having a hoarding problem, I follow the garages are for cars rule. You would have less of a hoarding problem if you could jettison the stroller and bicycles and pet crate and whatnot.