My 72 3.0CS

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
I think we get the picture....boy, I feel for you. You really have your work cut out for you. I hope you find no major hidden rust surprises.
good luck...
abe

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
I think we get the picture....boy, I feel for you. You really have your work cut out for you. I hope you find no major hidden rust surprises.
good luck...
abe

simoniko

Reaction score
Hi

Hello and welcome , we have a say in Bulgaria : A car is not affraid of driving it is affraid of not driving ! The rust problem you will solve , i think the rust is not so so much , but you will have aside problems because the car has not been driven for a long time. Good luck and keep us updated !

simoniko

Reaction score
Hi

Hello and welcome , we have a say in Bulgaria : A car is not affraid of driving it is affraid of not driving ! The rust problem you will solve , i think the rust is not so so much , but you will have aside problems because the car has not been driven for a long time. Good luck and keep us updated !

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Good luck on your restoration as it will take a lot of dedication in time and money, lots of money.

Those rims look like the old Hardy and Beck 3-piece wheels. They are extremely rare.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Good luck on your restoration as it will take a lot of dedication in time and money, lots of money.

Those rims look like the old Hardy and Beck 3-piece wheels. They are extremely rare.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I used WorldUph for carpet and was pleased - it was a perfect physical match to the factory carpet. Unfortunately they original blue/grey is not available but you may have better luck with beige/brown.

I'm still working up the nerve to by a leather kit from them, not because of quality concern but because of my general lack of skill in doing upholstery rework.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I used WorldUph for carpet and was pleased - it was a perfect physical match to the factory carpet. Unfortunately they original blue/grey is not available but you may have better luck with beige/brown.

I'm still working up the nerve to by a leather kit from them, not because of quality concern but because of my general lack of skill in doing upholstery rework.

jmackro

Reaction score
CincinnatiE9:

If you want my advice, don't spend a penny on upholstery until you have the bodywork done. You want to be sure that you don't need to replace or repair the floors before putting in new carpets. Also, metal and paint work have a way of damaging upholstery. Especially new (expensive) upholstery.

That dent in your front wheelarch was caused by the wheel hitting the arch when turning and hitting a bump. Either the wheels are too wide, the offset too small, or suspension too low. But, you should correct this before repainting.

I like the mismatched air cleaners.

jmackro

Reaction score
CincinnatiE9:

If you want my advice, don't spend a penny on upholstery until you have the bodywork done. You want to be sure that you don't need to replace or repair the floors before putting in new carpets. Also, metal and paint work have a way of damaging upholstery. Especially new (expensive) upholstery.

That dent in your front wheelarch was caused by the wheel hitting the arch when turning and hitting a bump. Either the wheels are too wide, the offset too small, or suspension too low. But, you should correct this before repainting.

I like the mismatched air cleaners.

CincinnatiE9

Reaction score
I was not planning on it, I am deciding right now how in depth I want to go. I am thinking I should get the exterior, trunk, and interior blasted down to raw metal, check for rust holes, and then hit everything with a good rust sealing primer. Not sure yet. Need to find out what it will cost to get the car blasted. [/i]

CincinnatiE9

Reaction score
I was not planning on it, I am deciding right now how in depth I want to go. I am thinking I should get the exterior, trunk, and interior blasted down to raw metal, check for rust holes, and then hit everything with a good rust sealing primer. Not sure yet. Need to find out what it will cost to get the car blasted. [/i]