My 74 Bav is for sale

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Selling my 74 Bav. No time to devote to it since I bought an e23 745i and a rental property. Needs to go to someone who can invest the time make it a reliable driver. Ive done the auto to manual swap. Asking $3900.

Craigslist ad: https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6234515072.html

Walk around video:

Selling my 1974 BMW Bavaria. Body in good overall condition. Little but of rust along the edges but the floors and shock towers are rock solid. There was a bit of rust through under the rear seat from mice nesting. I patched with fiberglass and Rust sealing Paint front both sides. Paint is in fair condition. Has been repainted original Polaris silver somewhere in the past. Front passenger door has rust in the corner but I have a door in the same color from a parts car included. Big 5MPH rear bumper has been swapped out with a 1973 bumper. Haven't had time to swap the front bumper. I will include the 1973 front bumper with the car. Front seats are vinyl rear seats are leather from parts car. Carpet was swapped with after market type in the past. I have a complete stock carpet from parts car. Car has manual sunroof that doesn't work. Air Conditioner kaput as well.

I bought this car a year and a half ago and swapped out the automatic for a 4speed manual. It has a new clutch, slave cylinder and rebuilt master cylinder. The transmission synchro grind a bit when shifting into 4th gear. Car runs but the carburetors need some attention. It runs a bit rough when cold. Motor runs well has later (better) m30 head 1982 casting. It still has the original Zenith carbs. I have a brand new set of Weber Carbs that I will sell for additional cost to the new owner if you want them.

Has Michelin XZX tires. Two look good the other two have some cracking. Car runs and drives but I would not drive it long distance without tuning the carbs or replacing tires.

PM me for more details and pictures available.
Thanks,
John

IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0166.JPG