My Bavaria is live on BaT

corvair kid

Reaction score
Didn't expect this to go up quite so fast, since I just approved the ad text a couple of hours ago...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-bavaria-4/

I've bit the bullet and listed my Bavaria on Bring a Trailer. I guess I'll be something of a bellwether for where values of driver-quality cars are (although there always seems to be some inflation on BaT), as I did set a reserve—we'll learn something whether it gets met or not!

It's been a tough decision, but I think it's the right one for me at this point. Assuming it sells, I'll definitely point the new owner in this direction.

73tiiguy

Reaction score
I sold my 68' 1600-02 on BAT a few years ago. It worked out pretty well for me :) I think that I may be putting up my Golf Bavaria soon. Although it's got a salvaged title, and it's pretty far from a stock car at this point. GLWTS - George

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great result on the sale! It's the twin to my car...except mine is in 10,000 pieces in my garage....:). Reading through all the comments on the BaT listing got me excited to get moving on my resto! I won't mess up this time like I did with my last few cars and sell them right before they go way up...grrrrrrr......Congrats on the sale!

corvair kid

Reaction score
Loaded the Bav onto transport to its new home in Salt Lake City yesterday. A few tears may have been shed—not of regret, necessarily, but sadness.

Nevertheless, I am very confident it will be well-loved and enjoyed in its new home. And, if any of you are worried about future generations’ interest in preserving these cars, it may comfort you to know that this car is passing from a 31-year-old owner to a 26-year-old. (!) His face lit up when I told him about this site, so I expect you’ll see him here soon.

Attachments

• 1F3F6E46-DCF6-4A29-A8DE-F77365F7DA64.jpeg
    1F3F6E46-DCF6-4A29-A8DE-F77365F7DA64.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 159