My car on BaT

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
No, not THAT one. My Volvo...

52107309102_25608a7511_c.jpg

52108840585_9d5cdcf8ec_c.jpg

I bought this car in Ventura and drove it home. 1,200 miles. In retrospect that probably wasn't a very smart move, but it made it and the only thing I did to it on the trip was to add gas now and then.

It was a fun short term project.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What?? *click* Oh.

Already at $8k! I love the steering wheel on these. I have a '70 142 and I wish it had the "butterfly" wheel.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What?? *click* Oh.

Already at $8k! I love the steering wheel on these. I have a '70 142 and I wish it had the "butterfly" wheel.
Although it was in his garage for a short period of time, Dick Steinkamp provenance certainly adds value. ;)
Old Volvo wagons are so cool.
Good Luck Dick!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Although it was in his garage for a short period of time, Dick Steinkamp provenance certainly adds value. ;)
Old Volvo wagons are so cool.
Good Luck Dick!
Thanks John. Because of Covid, I was desperate for an adventure and a project. I grabbed a buddy here in town, we hopped a cheap Allegiant flight to Oakland, BART to San Jose, stayed at my son's house that night, he delivered us to Amtrak the next morning, got off the train in San Luis Obispo, my daughter lives there and picked us up, we borrowed her car and drove to Ventura, picked up the Volvo, back to my daughter's to drop off her car, on to my son's in the Bay Area, then the 1,000 miles from there home with a night's stop in Grants Pass. That was the adventure part. The project part was all easy but fun stuff. The kinds of cosmetic and mechanical improvements that make you feel good after completing each one.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks John. Because of Covid, I was desperate for an adventure and a project. I grabbed a buddy here in town, we hopped a cheap Allegiant flight to Oakland, BART to San Jose, stayed at my son's house that night, he delivered us to Amtrak the next morning, got off the train in San Luis Obispo, my daughter lives there and picked us up, we borrowed her car and drove to Ventura, picked up the Volvo, back to my daughter's to drop off her car, on to my son's in the Bay Area, then the 1,000 miles from there home with a night's stop in Grants Pass. That was the adventure part. The project part was all easy but fun stuff. The kinds of cosmetic and mechanical improvements that make you feel good after completing each one.
Sounds like a great way to buy a car. Most times it’s all about the journey. I know exactly what you mean about finishing check list items. Just completed interior refresh on my 2002, new console & carpet. Can’t stop staring at it.

F754E20F-5D05-4B13-A93E-A93EFBCB04FB.jpeg